This rich and creamy Crock Pot Ranch Chicken recipe makes a super easy dinner that is loaded with the most amazing flavors. Check out how you can make this mouthwatering meal with just 6 simple ingredients.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Recipe
- What’s in Crack Chicken
- How to Make Cracked Chicken in the Slow Cooker
- How Many Carbs are in Ranch Chicken?
- What does Crack Chicken Mean? Why Do They Call It Crack Chicken?
- Does Slow Cooking Chicken Make It More Tender?
- Can You just Put Raw Chicken in a Slow Cooker?
- Tips for Cooking Chicken in a Crock Pot
- What Slow Cooker is Best to Use?
- More Keto Slow Cooker Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken Recipe
- Uses simple common ingredients
- Quick and easy to prep
- Larger portion, perfect for feeding a crowd
- Great for meal prep
There are some recipes that when you just glance over the list of ingredients you immediately know are going to taste amazing. This slow cooker ranch chicken is one of those recipes.
And if looking at the recipe isn’t enticing enough, just wait until you actually make it! Tender and juicy chicken, creamy ranch sauce, crispy bacon with melted cheese will have you hooked after the very first bite.
And because it cooks in the slow cooker, it’s perfect for a busy weeknight meal or for when you're having company over and need to feed a crowd.
If you love all things ranch flavored, I have a homemade ranch seasoning that I use in a number of tasty recipes like these Cheddar Ranch Keto Biscuits and this Ranch Roasted Cauliflower Casserole, which are always huge crowd pleasers!
What’s in Crack Chicken
- Chicken breasts
- Cream cheese
- Uncured bacon
- Cheddar cheese
- Homemade ranch seasoning mix
- Green onions
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Cracked Chicken in the Slow Cooker
Add the chicken breasts into the bottom of your slow cooker insert.
Sprinkle the ranch seasoning all over the top.
Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the top of the chicken.
Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
Just before the chicken is ready, fry your bacon in a large skillet.
Drain off all the fat and save it for another recipe.
Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks.
Stir the chicken back into the slow cooker.
Stir half the shredded cheese and half the crumbled bacon into the chicken.
Add the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over the top, place the lid back on to allow the cheese to melt.
Garnish with the remaining bacon and chopped scallions on top and serve over your favorite Keto friendly bun or with a salad or veggie on the side.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze.
How Many Carbs are in Ranch Chicken?
Are you ready for this? A serving of this AH-mazing chicken only has ONE net carb! Not only that but it also has over 50 grams of protein and approximately 18 grams of fat. Talk about the perfect Keto meal!
What does Crack Chicken Mean? Why Do They Call It Crack Chicken?
Another name for this recipe is Crack Chicken, because it is so addicting. Is it just me or does using "crack" in the name of a recipe seem really unappealing? For that reason, I will just stick with calling it Crock Pot Ranch Chicken! It just sounds much better to me.
- I always use freshly grated cheddar when I can. Not only does it melt smoother, pre-shredded has additives that keep it from sticking together. But if you are short on time, you can always use the prepackaged shredded cheese and it will work just fine.
- This recipe calls from chicken breasts, but chicken thighs work well also. You will want to use boneless chicken though, so you won’t have to fish out the bones later. If you use another type of chicken, you’ll need to adjust the cooking time. Smaller thighs take less time to cook.
- If you want to add a spicy kick to this recipe, red pepper flakes are a great addition. Just remember, a little goes a long way and you can always add more later.
Does Slow Cooking Chicken Make It More Tender?
Yes, and there is a little bit of science to back that up. When meat, of any kind, becomes tender, that means the collagen is breaking down or melting. When it melts, it turns into liquid gelatin that not only adds moisture to the chicken but also a lot of favor.
In order for collagen to melt most efficiently, it should be cooked low temperatures like a with a crock pot, over a long period of time instead of quick searing or with high temps.
Can You just Put Raw Chicken in a Slow Cooker?
A slow cooker is a very common kitchen appliance used to cook raw chicken and beef. You'll want a tight-fitting lid that you keep closed on the crock pot for at least the first hour and a half so the temperature builds up and can begin cooking the meat.
Tips for Cooking Chicken in a Crock Pot
- When in doubt if your chicken is done cooking in the crock pot, use a meat thermometer. Another way to ensure it is done, is to take a fork and gently pry it into the center of the breasts or thighs. The fork should easily release.
- Always start with thawed chicken. There are recipes that allow you to start with chicken that is frozen, but it just does not end up as flavorful as when you use thawed.
- By adding some sort of liquid to the slow cooker, you're using a braising type method. This gives meat wonderful texture and flavor. When using really lean meat like chicken breasts, there won’t be enough natural juices released to properly cook it. You'll need to add cream cheese, chicken stock, canned tomatoes or some other form of liquid to take its place.
- Keep the lid on the crock pot during the cooking time. This is SO important. Every time you lift the lid, a lot of heat escapes which prolongs the time it takes to cook.
What Slow Cooker is Best to Use?
I used the Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Slow Cooker and absolutely love it. It's very lightweight and is programmable. But here's my favorite part... you can use the insert on your stovetop to sear before slow cooking.
So if you have a roast that you want to sear to give it more flavor, you don't have to use another pan! You can also deglaze the pan with your liquids and really make the most of all that flavor. Hands down, my favorite slow cooker ever!
More Keto Slow Cooker Recipes
- Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Soup
- Turkey Breast with Gravy
- Southern Green Beans
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- BBQ Meatballs
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless/skinless about 2 ½ pounds
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces uncured bacon, chopped
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons homemade ranch seasoning mix
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- Add the chicken breasts into the bottom of your slow cooker insert.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning all over the top. Cut the cream cheese into cubes and add to the top of the chicken.
- Cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Just before the chicken is ready, fry your bacon in a large skillet. Drain off all the fat and save it for another recipe.
- Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks. Stir the chicken back into the slow cooker. Stir half the shredded cheese and half the crumbled bacon into the chicken.
- Add the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over the top, place the lid back on to allow the cheese to melt.
- Garnish with the remaining bacon and chopped green onions on top and serve over your favorite Keto friendly bun or with a salad or veggie on the side.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.