Biscuits aren't just for breakfast anymore! Keto Biscuits get a delectable savory makeover with zesty ranch seasoning and cheddar cheese.
What better way to round off a meal than with a tender and fluffy biscuit? But, these gluten free biscuits aren't your average biscuits!
They have the perfect subtle hint of seasoning from Homemade Ranch Mix. Then cheddar cheese is added to create a delicate but chewy texture you're simply going to love.
This fluffy and buttery Keto biscuit recipe is so quick and easy to make, you'll find yourself making them all the time! Trust me, they are just that delicious!
What's in Keto Cheddar Ranch Biscuits
- Almond flour
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix
- Oat fiber
- Fresh chives
- Fresh parsley
- Baking powder
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Cheddar Biscuits
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
In another bowl, add the eggs, sour cream and melted butter, then mix until combined. Add the cheese, parsley and chives into the wet ingredients and continue mixing.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
Note: If you don't use the Homemade Ranch Seasoning Mix, you can substitute with 1-2 teaspoons of the store-bought ranch mix. The reason you'll want to use less, is most store bought mixes have MSG and are a little stronger/saltier.
Can I Freeze Cheddar Ranch Keto Biscuits?
You sure can! They freezer very well and make a great meal prep idea! Make up a big batch on the weekends, wrap individually in plastic wrap, and place in the freezer for up to a couple of months. I love to make several variations, like these Keto Biscuits and these Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuits, and freeze them to keep on hand.
As you need them, take them out and thaw them right on the counter. You'll want to remove the plastic wrap before you thaw them to prevent the condensation that forms from making them soggy.
What to Serve with Cheddar Ranch Keto Biscuits
You can serve these tasty Ranch Keto Biscuits as the main attraction with deli meat as a sandwich or a long side any of your favorite Keto main dishes.
The wonderful flavor combination of ranch seasoning mix and cheddar go perfectly when paired with Pork Chops with Bacon Mushroom Gravy, Sheet Pan Garlic Shrimp, Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Salmon, or a piping hot bowl of Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup.
Tips for Perfect Almond Flour Biscuits
If you're just starting Keto and are looking for low carb variations of some of your favorite carb filled foods, the food news is making Keto Biscuits is an easy swap.
Once you get the taste and texture down, it's really hard to tell these are gluten free biscuits. Try these tips to ensure you have success on your first try:
- One of the things you'll find when baking with almond flour is that in most cases, you'll need another type of flour to help the texture to be more like traditional flour. This Keto biscuit recipe used oat fiber. Check out the notes on oat fiber below. It's a great way to add light and fluffy texture to Keto baked goods.
- Biscuits made with almond flour tend to be much more delicate than traditional biscuits due to the absence of gluten. The key to keep your gluten free biscuits from breaking is to just let me cool for a few minutes. After about 10 minutes they will stay together very nicely.
- I love a good drop biscuit like these Keto Bacon Cheddar Drop Biscuits, but in order to get a nice fluffy height without gluten, baking them in muffin cups is key. Having taller biscuits is great for when slicing to use as a breakfast sandwich.
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It's pure insoluble fiber, which doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that's why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
To get the best results, it's best to use oat fiber if you can. If you're unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Cheddar Ranch Keto Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In another bowl, add the eggs, sour cream and melted butter, then mix until combined. Add the cheese, parsley and chives into the wet ingredients and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.