These quick and easy homemade jalapeño cheddar biscuits are warm and cheesy and full of flavor! They're so good no one will know they're gluten free.
Trying to find a really good traditional biscuit substitute can be a challenge when you're on Keto or a low carb diet. They must be soft and buttery and hold together without crumbling apart or being too dry.
With the absence of gluten in Keto biscuits, this can be hard to accomplish. That is, until now.
This recipe not only solves that issue, these low carb biscuits have the added bonus of cheddar and pepper jack cheese along with jalapeño peppers that just sends the flavor right over the top!
We've all heard of those delectable Cheddar Bay Biscuits. This is a slight nod to that recipe but without all the carbs!
Just smear a little butter on top and you're in for a real treat! They're the perfect companion with all your Keto main course meals!
What's in Keto Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits
- Almond flour
- Sour cream
- Pepper jack cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Jalapeño peppers
- Garlic powder
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits
Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
In another bowl, add the eggs, sour cream and melted butter, then mix until combined.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
Lastly, add in the chopped jalapeño peppers and shredded cheeses and mix until well combined.
You can bake them as is, or add a slice of fresh jalapeño pepper on the tops of each biscuit.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden.
Allow to cool slightly before serving them. I like to slather a little butter over the tops.
And who says biscuits are just for breakfast anyway? These are a fantastic savory version. This Bacon Cheddar Drop Biscuit recipe is another tasty savory gluten free biscuit option you will enjoy.
If you are looking for more of breakfast type Keto biscuits recipe, try these Keto Biscuits with Gravy. Talk about a jazzed up breakfast! You're going to love them.
How Do I Store Keto Cheddar Biscuits?
They are loaded with cheese, so these low carb biscuits are best stored in the fridge. Place them in an air tight container and they will stay fresh for up to a week.
Can I Freeze Low Carb Biscuits?
You sure can! Low carb cheddar biscuits freezer very well and make a great meal prep idea! Make up a big batch on the weekends, wrap individually in plastic wrap, and place in the freezer for up to a couple of months.
As you need them, take them out and thaw them right on the counter. You'll want to remove the plastic wrap before you thaw them to prevent the condensation that forms from making them soggy.
Variations for Keto Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits
The basic biscuit recipe is a blank slate for just about any flavors you'd like to add.
- You can substitute the cheese for your favorite, in equal portions. White cheddar, provolone, Monterey Jack or any good melting cheese you'd like will work beautifully.
- Add herbs of your preference. Fresh rosemary or thyme gives them wonder flavor.
- If you want to spice things up a little, add a few red pepper flakes in the dough mixture before baking.
- If you have leftovers, slice them in half, place a piece of sliced cheese over the top of them and toast them in the oven, just until the cheese melts.
- Need a quick lunch on the go? Add a piece of ham and cheese to sliced Cheddar Jalapeño Biscuits to make a delicious lunch sandwich.
Can I Eat Biscuits on Keto? How Many Carbs in Keto Cheddar Biscuits?
Unfortunately there are way too many carbs and inflammatory ingredients in traditional cheddar biscuits. Coming in at around 16 grams of carbs in just one biscuit, they're just not the best option for those following Keto or a low carb diet.
With this amazing substitute recipe, you can enjoy all those same buttery and cheesy flavors in a low carb biscuit made with almond flour.
Almond flour really does a great job converting some of your favorite recipes into Keto friendly, gluten-free versions.
More Savory Keto Recipes Using Almond Flour
- Fried Pickles
- Rosemary and Kalamata Olive Focaccia
- Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Seasoned Tortilla Chips
- Fried Green Tomatoes
- Eggplant Fries
- Chicken Francese
More Keto Jalapeño Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Popper Chicken
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Casserole
- Bacon Wrapped Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers
- Jalapeño Popper Egg Salad
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Keto Jalapeño Cheddar Biscuits (Gluten Free)
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup sour cream
- ⅓ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup jalapeño peppers, in the jar, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 whole eggs, beaten
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Optional: 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- In another bowl, add the eggs, sour cream and melted butter, then mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix. Lastly, add in the chopped jalapeño peppers and shredded cheeses and mix until well combined.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden. Allow to cool slightly before serving them. I like to slather a little butter over the tops.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.