This sweet Keto Peppermint Chocolate Bark is a quick and easy sugar free treat that's perfect for the holidays!
I am always looking for ways to recreate traditional recipes into sugar free, Keto versions. Before Keto, one of my favorite candies was a peppermint chocolate bark. The problem is the kind you find in the store is loaded with sugar.
This Keto Peppermint Bark recipe taste ever bit as good as the sugary kind! Layers of melted semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate is topped with crushed peppermint candies, cooled, then gently broken into serving size pieces. And it's ALL sugar-free!
During the holidays I am always looking for a tasty hostess gift or a homemade sweet treat to add to a gift basket. This sugar free bark is the perfect idea and is always a huge hit.
If you love peppermint flavor as much as I do, try these gluten free White Chocolate Peppermint Cookies! They are baked with the same peppermint candies which give them the most awesome chewiness.
What's in Keto Peppermint Bark
- Sugar-Free white chocolate chips
- Sugar-Free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Peppermint extract
- Sugar-free peppermint candies
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Peppermint Bark
Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds in the microwave.
Remove and stir, then continue to heat them in the microwave in 10 second increments until fully melted.
Place in the fridge for a few minutes to set up, while you repeat the same process with the white chocolate chips.
Stir in the peppermint extract and allow to cool at room temperature, making sure the chocolate doesn’t solidify.
Pour the white chocolate over the top of the semi sweet chocolate and spread in an even layer.
Sprinkle the chopped peppermint candy over the top and place back in the fridge to set up.
Allow the bark to firm up before breaking apart.
Can I Freeze Keto Peppermint Bark?
The easy answer is chocolate bark CAN ne frozen. But honestly, it has a really long shelf life and last even longer when store in an air tight container in the fridge. But, if you have a good bit left over and would like to freeze it, just be sure to wrap it very well with plastic wrap, then stored in a zip lock freezer bag for up to a couple of months.
When thawing frozen Keto bark, leave it wrapped and set it in the fridge over night. You'll want to check for any condensation that builds up to keep the chocolate from becoming moist.
What Type Chocolate on Keto is Best?
There are several sugar free chocolates on the market. I have tried several of them and while most of them are good, for me, Lily's wins on flavor, textures and meltability.
Lily's comes in many different flavors too! They have salted caramel, dark chocolate, even butterscotch flavors. I used the semi-sweet chocolate chips in several Keto dessert recipes, including this Keto Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
Variations for Keto Chocolate Bark
It is so much fun experimenting with different flavors of chocolate bark. You can use so many different combinations of flavors. Here are some of my favorites:
- White chocolate, butterscotch with pecans is hard to beat with the kids!
- Dark Chocolate or white chocolate layered with mint chocolate chip bark makes a great after dinner mint.
- Semi sweet chocolate topped with chopped almonds and toasted coconut is always a hit
- "Kitchen sink" bark is so much fun to make! All you do is throw in a combination of all your favorite nuts, coconut flakes, and additional chips that have not been melted.
- Melted butterscotch chips layered with a white chocolate layer topped with finely chopped almonds make a real tasty sweet treat.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- No Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Keto Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Fat Bombs
- Pecan Praline Bark
- Almond Joy Fudge
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Easy Keto Peppermint Bark
- Add the semi-sweet chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and melt for 30 seconds in the microwave. Remove and stir, then continue to heat them in the microwave in 10 second increments until fully melted.
- Place in the fridge for a few minutes to set up, while you repeat the same process with the white chocolate chips. Stir in the peppermint extract and allow to cool at room temperature, making sure the chocolate doesn’t solidify.
- Pour the white chocolate over the top of the semi sweet chocolate and spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the chopped peppermint candy over the top and place back in the fridge to set up. Allow the bark to firm up before breaking apart.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.