Chocolate brownies are everyone's favorite sweet treat. Who would ever know these are made with a quintessential Keto food…AVOCADO!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
You might have wondered before... what can you do with ripe avocados? If you have a craving for chocolate, this Keto brownie recipe will turn your ripe avocados into a delicious low carb dessert!
You may have tried this recipe previously but this is a new and improved recipe! Don't get me wrong, the older recipe was great, but because of the popularity of avocado brownies on Keto, I decided to tweak the recipe with a few tried and true changes that make them even better!
Because they also freeze beautifully, go ahead and use up your ripe avocados in this brownie recipe and have a sweet Keto snack on hand whenever those craving hit!
These are the perfect easy low carb dessert recipe to make for your family and friends! They are a great in your kid's lunch box and what better way to get your kids to eat avocado than with a chocolatey brownie!
What's in Keto Avocado Brownies
- Super fine almond flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Allulose, powdered
- Sugar-free semi sweet chocolate chips
- Instant coffee
- Vanilla extract
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Brownies
Preheat your oven to 350°F.
Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds, remove, stir and continue in 10 second increments until the chocolate is fully melted. Then set aside to cool.
In a small bowl, add the hot water along with the instant coffee and whisk until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
In the bowl of a food processor, add in the avocado and pulse until smooth.
Add in the remaining ingredients except the almond flour and cocoa powder, then continue mixing until well combined.
Add in the almond flour and cocoa powder, then mix just until combined. The batter will be very thick.
Allow the brownies to cool completely at room temperature before cutting into them.
How to Freeze Avocado Brownies
I not only try to meal prep as often as I can, I also try to dessert or snack prep when I can. These Keto brownies are seriously the most perfect freezer friendly dessert.
This is a super moist and fudgy like gluten free brownie recipe so you'll want to make sure they are wrapped really well. In order to maintain their fresh flavor, once the brownies have completely cooled, double wrap them, making sure the plastic wrap is touching the whole surface.
They freeze well for up to a couple of months. You can thaw them right on the kitchen counter.
Tips for Making a Perfect Chocolate Avocado Keto Brownie Recipe
- Room temperature eggs: When baking in general, you always want your eggs to be room temperature. This ensures they mix easily and evenly.
- Almond flour brownies need to cool: To make sure your chocolate avocado brownies cut into nice and clean squares, wait until they have completely cooled before cutting.
- Check for doneness: Brownie batter is rather dense and because it is dark in color, it can be a little deceiving when they are done. When baking these Keto Avocado Brownies, timing is important. Start checking for doneness 5 minutes before time is up.
- Oops! Things can happen, so if you over-bake them, no worries. You can just drizzle them with this salted caramel sauce or crumble them into this delicious vanilla chocolate chip ice-cream!
What are the Health Benefits of Avocado?
The star ingredient in these gluten free brownies makes them a delicious but also a healthy snack.
Did you know that avocados are considered a super food on the Keto diet? It's no wonder because they're rich in healthy fat, omega-3 and very low in net carbs. Avocados are high in monounsaturated oleic acid, a heart-healthy fatty and are loaded with fiber.
And did you also know that avocados have 60% more potassium than bananas? How great is that?!
There are so many wonderful benefits to incorporating avocado into you diet. Check out this article of Healthline to read more about just how good they are for you.
More Keto Chocolate Desserts
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Almond Joy Fudge
- Silky Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramelized Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Mocha Mini Cupcakes
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add the chocolate chips to a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds, remove, stir and continue in 10 second increments until the chocolate is fully melted. Then set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, add the hot water along with the instant coffee and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a food processor, add in the avocado and pulse until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients except the almond flour and cocoa powder, then continue mixing until well combined.
- Add in the almond flour and cocoa powder, then mix just until combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Allow the brownies to cool completely at room temperature before cutting into them.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Originally published on April 20, 2018, updated on October 14, 2021 with new photos, new video, improvements to the recipe and helpful tips.