Chocolate brownies are everyone’s favorite sweet treat. Who would ever know these are made with a quintessential Keto food…AVOCADO!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Have you ever had too many ripe avocados and just don’t know what to do with them? If you have a craving for chocolate, this Keto brownie recipe will turn your ripe avocados into a delicious low carb dessert!
Because they also freeze beautifully, go ahead and use up your ripe avocados in this brownie recipe and have a sweet keto snack on hand whenever you want it!
These are the perfect easy low carb dessert recipe to make for your family and friends!
Ingredients needed for these Keto brownies
- Super fine almond flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Grass-fed butter
- Swerve confectioners
- Coffee Extract
- Unsweetened baker’s dark chocolate
- Baking Powder
- Pure vanilla extract
How to Make Chocolate Avocado Brownies
The first thing you will need to do is preheat your oven to 350F.
In a separate bowl, add the butter and Swerve and mix using a hand mixer. Add in the eggs, avocado, vanilla and coffee extracts, continue to mix until combined. Next, add the melted chocolate and mix until well incorporated.
Once you have all of you wet, ingredients mixed, add them into your dry ingredients and stir together just until combined.
Finally, you will pour the mixture into a (9 x 9) square glass or ceramic baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
You are going to want these to cool completely before cutting them into 12 squares. For a little extra sweetness, sprinkle each of these delectable low carb brownies with Swerve confectioners for a little extra sweetness! ENJOY!
Tips for Making a Perfect Chocolate Avocado Keto Brownie Recipe
The more ripe the avocado, the more likely you’ll taste it in this recipe. Using avocados that just become ripe, really allows the cocoa powder flavor to be front and center!
When baking in general, you always want your eggs to be room temperature. This ensures they mix easily and evenly.
To make sure your chocolate avocado brownies cut into nice and clean squares, wait until they have completely cooled before cutting.
When baking these low carb brownies, timing is important. Start checking for doneness 5 minutes before time is up.
More Keto and Low Carb Chocolate Desserts…
- Almond Joy Fudge
- Silky Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Salted Caramelized Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Mocha Mini Cupcakes
Chocolate Avocado Brownies – Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 whole eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter, melted
- 1 avocado (just ripened), pureed (I use Hass)
- 2/3 cup swerve confectioners (plus extra for dusting the tops)
- 1/2 teaspoon coffee extract
- 3.5 ounces baker’s dark chocolate, melted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Combine the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt in a bowl using a whisk or fork, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add the butter and swerve, mix using a hand mixer. Add the eggs, avocado, vanilla and coffee extracts, continue mixing. Then add the melted chocolate and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just until combined. Pour the mixture into a (9 x 9) square glass or ceramic baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting them into 12 squares. Top with Swerve confectioners for a little extra sweetness and enjoy!