Mini chocolate cupcakes with a hint of coffee flavor, topped with a creamy chocolate frosting!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
These mocha cupcakes have a sweet chocolate flavor with a hint of coffee. They are perfect little small bites to satisfy your sweet tooth, without having to eat a whole dessert.
They're easy to make, moist and super tasty!
You can also make these into full size cupcakes, just be sure to increase the cooking time and macros accordingly.
What's in Keto Chocolate Mocha Mini Cupcakes
- Super fine almond flour
- Oat Fiber
- Swerve confectioners
- Sour cream
- Heavy cream
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Coffee extract
- Vanilla extract
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes
To Make the Gluten Free Cupcakes
Preheat oven to 350F.
In another bowl, whisk together, the egg yolks and Swerve confectioners.
Add in the heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla and coffee extracts and mix.
In a separate bowl, add the almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, oat fiber, and baking powder. Whisk together and set aside.
Mix in the dry ingredients until combined.
Fold in the egg whites, careful not to deflate them.
Scoop the batter into a silicone mini muffin pan (or regular mini muffin pan) sprayed with nonstick spray.
Bake for 15 minutes or until a toothpick, when inserted, comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
To Make the Sugar-Free Frosting
Whip the heavy cream using a hand mixer, until you have soft peaks.
Mix in the mascarpone cheese, coffee and vanilla extracts.
Then add in the Swerve confectioners and cocoa powder and mix until smooth and creamy.
Add the filling to a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice.
Frost the cupcakes, once they have cooled completely.
Can You Freeze Keto Chocolate Cupcakes?
Absolutely! It is recommended that you do a quick pre-freeze first. To do so, put them in a single layer on sheet pan or a wire rack in the freezer for about an hour. Remove them, then wrap individually in plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn.
When you're ready to eat one, remove it from the freezer, unwrap it and set it on the counter or in the fridge until thawed. By unwrapping it, that will prevent moisture from accumulating on them as they thaw.
Tips for Storing Low Carb Cupcakes
- The first step to successfully storing cupcakes is to cool them properly after baking. To prevent a soggy cupcake, allow them to cool in the muffin cups for 20 minutes then transfer them to a wire rack to cool. This allows air to circulate around the muffin and helps prevent moisture.
- If you prefer, you can wait to frost the cupcakes right before they're served. Just place completely cooled cupcakes in an air tight container and store them counter top until you're ready to add the frosting.
- Once cupcakes are frosted, they must be stored chilled. Store them in a single layer in container with a sealed lid in the fridge.
- To add a little extra touch, right before serving, add a dusting of Swerve confectioners right on top of each one.
Are Chocolate Mocha Cupcakes Keto?
Traditional cupcakes containing sugar and flour are not Keto. However, by substituting just a few ingredients, you can enjoy these gluten free cupcakes guilt free with just 2 net carbs per serving.
Almond flour cupcakes make a perfect grain free dessert with much fewer carbs and more fat than regular flour. And as added bonus, this cupcake recipe uses oat fiber which gives them incredible texture.
Oat Fiber is a key ingredient in this recipe, because it gives a more traditional texture. The Oat Fiber that I use is made by Lifesource Foods and I highly recommend it. They grind it to a very fine powder and has a very mild flavor.
Oat Fiber is not the same as Oat Flour, which is made from grinding oats. Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats and is pure insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs.
More Keto Recipes Using Oat Fiber
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Blueberry Pancakes
- Lemon Poppy Mini Bundt Cakes
- Rosemary and Kalamata Olive Focaccia
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese Icing
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Tiramisu Pancakes
More Keto and Low Carb Cupcakes
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Coconut Cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes with Creamy Lemon Frosting
- Pumpkin Cupcakes with Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Keto Chocolate Mocha Mini Cupcake
For the Cupcakes
To Make the Cupcakes
- In another bowl, whisk together, the egg yolks and swerve confectioners. Add in the heavy cream, sour cream, vanilla and coffee extracts and mix.
- In a separate bowl, add the almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, oat fiber, and baking powder. Whisk together and set aside. Mix in the dry ingredients until combined. Fold in the egg whites, careful not to deflate them.
To Make the Frosting
- Whip the heavy cream using a hand mixer, until you have soft peaks. Mix in the mascarpone cheese, coffee and vanilla extracts. Then add in the swerve confectioners and cocoa powder and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Add the filling to a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice and frost the cupcakes, once they have cooled completely. Serve with a dusting of swerve confectioners.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.SHARE ON FACEBOOK
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the button above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.