This Stuffed Pepper Soup, with colorful, tender veggies and tangy tomatoes, is a healthy and hearty meal loaded with classic stuffed bell pepper flavors.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- 🛒 What’s in Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 🔪 How to Make Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Can I Freeze Leftover Bell Pepper Soup?
- Are Peppers OK for Keto Diet?
- Will Bell Pepper Kick Me Out of Ketosis?
- Stuffed Pepper Soup Variations
- Can I Make Keto Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker?
- More Keto Soup Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe
- Classic stuffed peppers flavor
- Blend of tender colorful peppers and tangy tomatoes
- Thick, hearty and rich
- Easy to make
- Family friendly
If you’re a huge fan of stuffed bell peppers, you’re going to fall in love with this recipe. With those same savory flavors, this soup is prepared all in one pot, making it an easy weeknight meal the whole family will love. It’s especially satisfying on a chilly night when you’re short on time, but craving a comforting and warm bowl of hearty soup.
Another great reason you're going to want to add this recipe to your regular soup rotation is that on top of being incredibly flavorful, it's low carb, keto-friendly and gluten-free making it an awesome choice for just about any diet.
🛒 What’s in Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Ground beef
- Beef broth
- Bell peppers
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato sauce
- Frozen cauliflower rice
- Yellow onion
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Tomato paste
- Olive oil
- Dried basil
- Dried thyme
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Keto Stuffed Pepper Soup
Brown the ground beef, then remove and set aside.
Tip: If you allow the ground beef to get nice and browned, the fat will evaporate and there will be nothing to discard. This will also give more flavor to the beef.
Add in the olive oil and butter, then once melted, add in the onion, peppers and remaining salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes to until slightly softened.
Tip: Allowing the peppers and onion to get a little bit of color on them will help give the soup more balanced flavor.
Add in the garlic and sauté for 15 seconds.
Then pour in the diced tomatoes, dried thyme, tomato sauce, browned ground beef and beef broth.
Tip: This soup is on the thicker side, so if you want a more brothy soup, add in 1-2 cups of additional beef broth or simmer it with a lid on.
Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, then stir in the cauliflower rice and cook for another 5 minutes.
Tip: If using fresh cauliflower, add in during the last 10 minutes, not the last 5.
Add in the parsley and serve.
Can I Freeze Leftover Bell Pepper Soup?
Leftover stuffed pepper soup freezes really well. Just make sure you let it cool completely before transferring it to a freezer bag or freezer-safe airtight container.
Label each container with what the contents are and the date you froze it. For best results, the frozen soup should be thawed and eaten within 3-4 months.
Are Peppers OK for Keto Diet?
Bell peppers are both low in carbs and in calories. On top of that, they are nutrient dense with many essential minerals, vitamins and antioxidants like vitamin A and C.
One of the reasons they are great for low carb diets is they provide so much flavor to recipes with minimal carb impact. For more information about all the amazing health benefits of bell peppers, check out this article on Healthline.
Will Bell Pepper Kick Me Out of Ketosis?
If you are on Keto and monitoring your ketone levels, eating bell peppers in moderation should not kick you out of ketosis. Bell peppers have approximately 5 net carbs per cup. The great thing is because you mostly eat them in recipes like this soup, you're seldom eating an entire cup in one meal.
Stuffed Pepper Soup Variations
Put your own twist on this easy soup recipe with some of these variations:
- Other meat: Instead of ground beef, you can use, ground chicken or ground turkey, Italian sausage or ground pork sausage.
- Peppers: Use your favorite color bell peppers in this recipe. Tri-colored peppers (orange, yellow and red bell pepper) are bit milder with a sweeter taste, but if you love green bell pepper, it works just as great. To give the soup a little stronger pepper flavor, you can also add in chopped roasted poblano pepper with the bell peppers.
- Spices: If you like soup with a little kick of heat, add some red pepper flakes or just a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Tomatoes: Diced tomatoes provide this soup with a super flavorful broth. You can use regular diced tomatoes, fire roasted tomatoes with green chilies, or to give the soup even more herb flavor you can use canned tomatoes that have garlic, basil and oregano included.
- Toppings: Grated parmesan cheese, Gruyere or cheddar always makes a great topping for soups. These Cheese Crisps are another wonderful option. Crumbled crispy prosciutto or bacon gives the soup really nice flavor without taking away from the stuffed pepper taste.
Can I Make Keto Pepper Soup in the Slow Cooker?
To make this soup in the slower cooker, it's best if your model has the sauté function like this one does. If it doesn't, you can brown the ground beef and sauté the veggies in a skillet then transfer everything to your crockpot. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
More Keto Soup Recipes
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
- Keto Italian Wedding Soup
- Keto Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef, I use 85%, grass-fed
- 4 cups beef broth
- 3 bell peppers: red, yellow and orange
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce, lowest carb
- 12 ounces frozen cauliflower rice
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Brown the ground beef, then remove and set aside.
- Add in the olive oil and butter, then once melted, add in the onion, peppers and remaining salt and pepper. Sauté for a few minutes to until slightly softened and just starting to get some color.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for 15 seconds, then pour in the diced tomatoes, dried thyme, tomato sauce, browned ground beef and beef broth. Simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, then stir in the cauliflower rice and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add in the parsley and serve.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.