This quick and easy Keto Chicken Salad is rich and creamy and big on flavor. It makes the perfect low carb lunch or light dinner!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
This healthy low carb chicken salad has a mouth watering creamy dressing and the perfect amount of crunch from crispy celery and chopped walnuts.
Serve it between Parmesan Chaffles, in a lettuce wrap or you can even serve it as chicken salad stuffed tomatoes.
Keto Chicken Salad is the perfect recipe for adding healthy fat to your diet. By using this Homemade Mayonnaise recipe, you control any added sugars making this a wonderful low carb meal.
If you are pinched for time during the week and are looking for quick and healthy meal option, this Keto Chicken Salad can be made in advance for meal prep. Just make up a big batch on the weekends and you'll have lunch for the next several days.
If you're interested in more meal prep tips, check out this article, " 25 Keto Meal Prepping Ideas and Recipes."
What's in Keto Chicken Salad
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Chicken Salad
Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, dijon mustard, garlic salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl.
Whisk the dressing until well combined.
In the same bowl, add in the chicken, celery, red onion and walnuts over the top.
Mix well till everything is combined and the chicken is coated.
Serve over a salad, add to a lettuce wrap with slices of fresh tomato or eat in a sandwich using Keto Drop Biscuits or your favorite Keto friendly bread.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to several days. Even though it's not recommended you freeze leftover chicken salad, it's so quick and easy, you can have a fresh batch in minutes!
Is Chicken Salad Keto?
This chicken salad recipe sure is! Many versions of traditional chicken salad includes grapes or apples. While those versions are delicious, for those following Keto, fruit can really cause the carb count to climb. This Keto Chicken Salad recipe omits fruits but the flavors in the dressing have so much flavor, you'll never miss them.
Another carb saving tip is to avoid store-bought mayonnaise that has added sugar or those that use canola as a base. Because light olive oil or avocado oil is used in the Homemade Mayonnaise used in this low carb chicken salad recipe, there are no added sugars to worry about.
What are the Carbs in Chicken Salad?
This Keto Chicken Salad is super low carb. For one serving, there's only one net carb. Talk about a healthy meal!
Variations for Keto Chicken Salad
- Walnuts are used in this recipe but you can certainly use chopped pecans, slivered almonds or even pine nuts.
- This recipes uses red onion, but if you prefer a milder onion flavor, you can used chopped scallions.
- If you're short on time, you can use rotisserie chicken. Make sure, when selecting the brand of chicken, that you check the label. It may come as a surprise that some brands inject brown sugar and other ingredients into the chicken before roasting.
- For added fat, you can use cooked chicken thighs instead of breasts, if you prefer.
- You can also uses leftover Roasted Chicken in the Instant Pot. Likewise, you can prepare your chicken breast or thighs in the Instant Pot as well.
- Not a fan of celery? To keep that wonderful crunchiness, add a few chopped dill pickles in the place of the celery. You may want to cut back some on the fresh dill but I happen to love the flavors of both!
- If you have left over bacon from breakfast, don't throw it away. Chop it up and add right in the chicken! It makes a wonderful addition.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
Chicken makes an excellent protein for Keto and low carb diets. The recipe possibilities are simply endless! Here are some of popular low carb chicken recipes to give you inspiration:
- Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Citrus Glaze
- Keto Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Tuscan Skillet
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Skillet
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Chicken Poblano Chicken
Keto Chicken Salad
- In the same bowl, add in the chicken, celery, red onion and walnuts over the top.
- Mix well till everything is combined and the chicken is coated.
- Serve over a salad, add to a lettuce wrap with slices of fresh tomato or eat in a sandwich using Keto Drop Biscuits or your favorite Keto friendly bread.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.