Mushroom Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes features thinly sliced chicken sautéed in a very flavorful mushroom and sun-dried tomato pan sauce that’s made in under 30 minutes!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love This Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- 🛒 Ingredients for Mushroom Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 🔪 How to Make Mushroom Chicken
- 💡 Tips
- ☑️ Storage Instructions
- 🍴 What to Serve with Mushroom Chicken
- 🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- Are Mushrooms ok for Keto?
- What Kind of Chicken Can I Eat on Keto?
- Can We Eat Chicken and Mushroom Together?
- 🍽️ More Keto Chicken Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love This Chicken and Mushrooms Recipe
- Thinly sliced tender juicy chicken
- Sautéed in sun-dried tomato oil, giving it incredible flavor
- Tasty mushroom, sun-dried tomato and shallot pan sauce
- Perfect Keto weeknight dinner
- Easily made in under 30 minutes
Busy weeknights require quick and easy Keto friendly dinner ideas and if that’s what you’re looking for, you have come to the right place! Chicken is one of the most popular low carb proteins that I love to make and is the star of this dish.
I take thinly sliced chicken, sauté it in sun-dried tomato oil, giving it a good sear and plenty of flavor. Fresh baby bella mushrooms, shallots and garlic are then sautéed and further flavor the chicken. A quick white wine and chicken broth reduction brings it all together and voila, dinner is served and is absolutely delicious.
This quick and easy Keto dinner will please even the pickiest eaters and taste like something you order in a restaurant. Pair with the low carb vegetable of your choice like Sautéed Spinach, Shredded Brussels Sprouts or Parmesan Garlic Spaghetti Squash and you have a healthy satisfying meal!
🛒 Ingredients for Mushroom Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Sun-dried tomatoes
- White wine
- Chicken broth
- Sun-dried tomato oil
- Fresh parsley
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Mushroom Chicken
Heat a large skillet to medium and add in the sun-dried tomato oil, chicken, salt and pepper.
Sauté for a few minutes on each side, until they are almost completely cooked through. Then remove and set aside.
Add in the butter and once melted, the mushrooms.
Sauté for a few minutes, then add in the shallots and continue cooking.
Once the mushrooms and shallots have slightly started to caramelize, make a well in the center and add in the garlic. Sauté for about 15 seconds.
Then pour in the wine and chicken broth.
Deglaze the pan, scraping up the brown bits of flavor. Add the chicken back in, along with the sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with the parsley over the top.
- You only need the chicken broth and wine to reduce slightly, you’re not looking for a thick gravy consistency or even much of a sauce. It’s just enough to keep the chicken juicy and give it great flavor.
- If you wanted more of a sauce, add in ½ more of the chicken broth and whisk in about ¼-1/2 teaspoon of xanthan gum, then cook until it has reached your desired thickness.
- You can easily turn this into a creamy sauce by adding in some heavy cream, about ⅓ cup should be plenty.
- Don’t overcook the chicken, otherwise it will be tough and dry. Since the pieces are thinly sliced, they cook up in no time.
- Be sure to buy sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil. The oil is loaded with amazing flavor and is an important part of this dish. Don't forget to save any unused oil to use in other recipes!
☑️ Storage Instructions
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze.
🍴 What to Serve with Mushroom Chicken
This Keto chicken recipe will pair nicely with just about any side dish that you like, but here are a few that I think would go especially well together:
🔄 Substitutions and Additions
- If you don’t have chicken breast on hand, you can substitute with chicken thighs. Make sure they are boneless and skinless.
- If you don’t have white wine on hand, you can use all chicken broth instead. It won’t have the exact same depth of flavor, but will still taste delicious!
- Cremini mushrooms are very flavorful, but if you can’t find them, you can certainly use white button mushrooms instead.
- If you want a stronger mushroom flavor, buy a small amount of dried porcini mushrooms. Reconstitute them in boiling hot water for a few minutes, then add them into the sauce. But don’t toss that water, instead add it in at the deglazing step. That mushroom water will add incredible flavor to the dish. I’ve used this trick for years, typically when making steak and mushrooms, it works so well!
- If you can’t find shallots, you can use thinly sliced yellow onions instead.
- If you don’t have fresh parsley, but happen to have fresh thyme on hand, add in about 1 teaspoon a few minutes before the dish is ready.
- For a slight kick of heat, add in a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Are Mushrooms ok for Keto?
Yes, they sure are! Besides being low in carbs with only just over 3 grams of net carbs per serving, they are also high in potassium. You can read more about the health benefits of mushrooms in this article.
What Kind of Chicken Can I Eat on Keto?
Since chicken had essentially zero carbs, any cut of chicken make the perfect protein for a Keto diet. You can find a lot of great Keto chicken recipes here!
Can We Eat Chicken and Mushroom Together?
Absolutely! They go perfectly together and I’ve made several dishes with this wonderful combination including Tuscan Chicken Skillet, Creamy Bacon Mushroom Chicken, Creamy Chicken Marsala and Chicken Cacciatore, just to name a few.
🍽️ More Keto Chicken Recipes
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Mushroom Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 10 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomatoes (packed in oil), sliced and oil reserved
- ⅓ cup shallots, sliced thin
- ⅓ cup white wine, I used Pinot Grigio
- ⅓ cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Heat a large skillet to medium and add in the sun-dried tomato oil, chicken, salt and pepper.
- Sauté for a few minutes on each side, until they are almost completely cooked through. Then remove and set aside.
- Add in the butter and once melted, the mushrooms. Sauté for a few minutes, then add in the shallots and continue cooking.
- Once the mushrooms and shallots have slightly started to caramelize, make a well in the center and add in the garlic. Sauté for about 15 seconds, then pour in the wine and chicken broth.
- Deglaze the pan, scraping up the brown bits of flavor. Add the chicken back in, along with the sun-dried tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with the parsley over the top.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.