Creamy and fluffy ricotta pancakes with a delicate hint of almond flavor!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
Sometimes you just want a break from the typical eggs breakfast. These are easy to put together and the addition of the ricotta makes them creamy and just a hint of sweetness.
The almond extract is actually very subtle, but tasty! Top the delicious Keto pancakes with grass-fed butter and sugar-free maple syrup.
Warm and fluffy pancakes seem as though they should be off limits for those on Keto or low carb diets. But almond flour pancakes fit perfectly into your daily macros and with the addition of a little oat fiber, they are every bit as good if not better than traditional pancakes!
What's in Ricotta Almond Pancakes
- Almond flour
- Oat Fiber
- Ricotta cheese
- Heavy cream
- Vanilla extract
- Almond extract
- Swerve confectioners
- Baking powder
- Clarified butter/ghee or avocado oil for the pan
- Optional: sugar free maple syrup
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Almond Flour Pancakes
Whip the egg whites until you get soft peaks and set aside.
In another bowl, add the egg yolks, ricotta, Swerve, vanilla, almond extract and the heavy cream.
Mix using a hand mixer for about 2 minutes.
Add the egg whites in and mix briefly. In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, oat fiber and baking powder.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
The batter should be a little loose, but not too runny. Add a little more heavy cream, if needed.
Add some avocado oil, coconut oil or clarified butter/ghee to a skillet on LOW heat and add the pancake batter to make pancakes of about 3-4” in diameter.
If you make them any bigger, they might be more difficult to flip and won't hold together as well. Think a little bigger than a silver dollar pancake.
Cook them on low heat with a lid on for a few minutes on each side, this is key! Wait till you see a few tiny bubbles, they carefully flip them and put the lid back on till they're done.
Be patient while they cook. If you wait to flip them when they are done on one side, they'll turn out perfectly!
Top with grass-fed butter and sugar free maple syrup. Optional: Top with some chopped toasted almonds for a little texture!
If you enjoy ricotta and almond together, be sure to try this Low Carb Almond Ricotta Cake! It have such an amazing flavor!
I was able to get 16 small pancakes out of the batch.
Can I Freeze Almond Flour Pancakes?
These Keto pancakes are so quick and easy, making a double batch and freezing them means you can have healthy pancakes on hand when you need a quick low carb breakfast.
For leftovers, line a sheet pan with parchment paper, place the pancakes in a single layer on the pan. Allow the pancakes to come to room temperature, before putting them in the freezer for 2 hours. Place the frozen pancakes in a freezer safe container or freezer bag.
What are the Carbs in Ricotta Cheese?
There are a little over 3 carbs in ¼ cup of ricotta cheese. This whole recipe only uses ½ cup which make the carb count very reasonable for your Keto macros.
More Keto Pancakes Recipes
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It's pure insoluble fiber, which doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that's why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
To get the best results, it's best to use oat fiber if you can. If you're unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
More Keto and Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- Blueberry Crumb Loaf
- Italian Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- Homemade Waffles
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Blueberry Muffins
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Ricotta Almond Pancakes (Gluten Free)
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup oat fiber, see notes
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 3 whole eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ cup swerve confectioners
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Clarified butter/ghee for the pan
- Optional Chopped toasted almonds for the topping
- Optional sugar free maple syrup
- Add the egg whites in and mix briefly. In a separate bowl, whisk the almond flour, oat fiber and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
- The batter should be a little loose, but not too runny. Add a little more heavy cream, if needed.
- Add some avocado oil, coconut oil or clarified butter/ghee to a nonstick skillet on LOW heat and add the pancake batter to make pancakes of about 3-4” in diameter. If you make them any bigger, they might be more difficult to flip and won't hold together as well. Think a little bigger than a silver dollar pancake.
- Cook them on low heat with a lid on for a few minutes on each side, this is key! Wait till you see a few tiny bubbles, they carefully flip them and put the lid back on till they are done.
- Be patient while they cook and if you make them this way, they will turn out perfectly! Top with grass-fed butter, (optional) sugar-free maple syrup and some chopped toasted almonds for some texture!
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.