This smooth and creamy peanut butter frosting is the perfect topping for any cupcake!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
This frosting is smooth, creamy and super easy to make! My favorite Crazy Richard’s creamy peanut butter is front and center in this frosting.
It’s absolutely delicious and go so well with chocolate, but you can top your favorite cake or cupcakes with this very simple frosting.
- Mascarpone cheese
- Unsalted grass-fed butter
- Crazy Richard’s creamy peanut butter
- Heavy cream
- Swerve Confectioners
- Vanilla extract
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Peanut Butter Frosting
Add in most of the heavy cream (reserving about a tablespoon) and Swerve confectioners.
Then, in goes the peanut butter and vanilla extract. Mix it until smooth and creamy.
Add more of the heavy cream if needed to get your desired consistency.
The thing that is so lovely about using Mascarpone cheese is it is so velvety and smooth and it has such a wonderful mild flavor, but yet is so incredibly low carb, that it makes the best Keto frosting ever!
If you’ve want to use cream cheese in it’s place you can. but trust me, if you haven’t tried Mascarpone, you definitely want to.
Add the frosting to a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice (zip lock bag with the tip cut off will work too).
If you don’t have a piping bag, you can use an offset spatula to frost your cooled cupcakes.
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
Peanuts are indeed a legume and it’s debatable whether they are considered Keto friendly. Because they are high in fat and fiber, this makes them an exception to the rule in most cases.
However, when you’re selecting a Keto friendly peanut butter, you want to look for one that says, ” All Natural,” and also indicates there is no sugar added.
How Carbs in Peanut Butter?
The amount of carbs in peanut butter greatly depends on the brand. All natural, no sugar added peanut butter will have between 4 to 5 net carbs per 2 tbls. sized portion.
While everyone has their favorite peanut butter brands, I was introduced to Crazy Richard’s some time back and I haven’t used another brand since. Their peanut butter is rich and creamy, has no preservatives, is non GMO and it only has one ingredient…PEANUTS. Check it out along with their other products on their website.
More Keto Peanut Butter Recipes
- Low Carb Peanut Butter Mousse
- Keto Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Fats Bombs
- Chocolate Keto Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
You May Also Like these Keto Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Gingerbread Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
If you’d like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you’ll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I’m offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Easy Peanut Butter Frosting – Keto and Low Carb
- Whip the mascarpone and butter together in a bowl using a hand mixer. Add most of the heavy cream (reserving about a tablespoon) and swerve confectioners (or powdered erythritol).
- Then the peanut butter and vanilla extract, mix until smooth and creamy. Add more of the heavy cream if needed, to get your desired consistency.
- Add the frosting to a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice (ziplock bag with the tip cut off will work too) and frost your cooled cake or cupcakes!