This quick and easy Keto friendly peanut butter mousse makes the perfect last minute dessert. It’s light and fluffy, and really satisfies your sweet tooth!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Peanut butter has long been a favorite pantry staple. So much so that there’s even a National Peanut Butter Day every year on January 24th. What better way to honor it than to create a rich and velvety Peanut Butter Mousse!
Whether you need a dessert to serve after dinner or just something quick to satisfy a sweet tooth, this 5 ingredient mousse can be ready in under 25 minutes and is exactly what you’re looking for.
Even though this Keto dessert recipe is super easy to make, don’t let that fool you because this rich and creamy peanut butter mousse will delight your taste buds bite after bite!
What’s in Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- Mascarpone cheese
- Heavy whipping cream
- Crazy Richard’s Peanut Butter (creamy)
- Monkfruit/Allulose, powdered
- Vanilla extract
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make the Best Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
In another bowl, add in the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
Fold in the whipped cream.
And keep folding until you have no streaks remaining.
Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes and serve.
Optional: Top with a drizzle of peanut butter, chopped peanuts and/or grated sugar-free chocolate.
Store leftover mousse in a covered dish for several days.
Substitutes for Peanut Butter Keto Mousse
- If you have a peanut allergy or just don’t care for peanuts, this low carb mousse recipe works with almond butter just as easily. You can also use sun butter, which is made from sunflower seeds. Because of the natural sweetness of each one, you may have to adjust the amount of sweetener you add to the mousse.
- If you don’t have the Monkfruit/Allulose blend that I use in this recipe, you can substitute it with Swerve.
- This Keto mousse can be served in a dish family style or for an added touch, you can you serve it in individual dessert cups.
- For extra decadence, you can drizzle sugar-free chocolate syrup or this salted caramel sauce right on top or even use a little sweetened whipped cream.
More Low Carb Peanut Butter Recipes
- Inside Out Peanut Butter Cup Squares
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Fat Bombs
- Easy Peanut Butter Cookies
Is Peanut Butter Keto?
Peanuts are indeed a legume and it’s debatable whether they are considered Keto friendly. Because they are high in fat and fiber, this makes them an exception to the rule in most cases.
The real question if peanut butter is Keto, boils down to what ingredients are used to make it. Unfortunately, some of the brands we grew up with in our PB&J sandwiches contain a significant amount of sugar.
When you’re selecting a Keto friendly peanut butter, you want to look for one that says, ” All Natural,” and also indicates there is no sugar added.
While everyone has their favorite peanut butter brands, I was introduced to Crazy Richard’s some time back and I haven’t used another brand since. Their peanut butter is rich and creamy, has no preservatives, is non GMO and it only has one ingredient…PEANUTS. Check it out along with their other products on their website.
How Many Carbs in Peanut Butter?
The amount of carbs in peanut butter greatly depends on the brand. All natural, no sugar added peanut butter will have between 4 to 5 net carbs per 2 tbls. sized portion.
More Keto Mousse Recipes
- Almond Joy Chocolate Mousse
- Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
- Nutella Chocolate Mousse
- Salted Caramel Cheesecake Mousse
- Easy Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Mousse
- Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Keto Peanut Butter Mousse
- Add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl and whip using a hand mixer, until you have stiff peaks, then set aside.
- In another bowl, add in the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the whipped cream and keep folding until you have no streaks remaining.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 20 minutes and serve.
- Optional: Top with a drizzle of peanut butter, chopped peanuts and/or grated sugar-free chocolate.