Need a quick and easy cream cheese frosting for your cupcakes? Ready in about 3 minutes, this recipe is just what you need!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Cream cheese and mascarpone cheese is combined with vanilla bean paste to create a frosting that’s smooth and creamy, and will go perfectly with just about any cupcake!
What’s in Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Sugar Free Vanilla Frosting
Scrape down the sides with a spatula, then add in the remaining heavy cream, if needed. Continue mixing until smooth and creamy.
And just like that you have an amazing icing for your favorite Keto cupcake recipe!
To frost your cupcakes transfer to a pastry bag and you’re ready to frost! I dare you to try and not lick your fingers! I will go ahead and tell you, it’s simply impossible!
If you don’t have a pastry or piping bag you can use a large zip lock bag and cut the tip end off. You can always just use an offset spatula to frost your cupcakes too.
Is Cream Cheese Keto?
Cream cheese is perfectly fine for Keto and it makes the most delicious frosting. Naturally, any sort of frosting that uses sugar isn’t low carb. But by substituting sugar with Swerve it makes this a great sugar free frosting for any of your Keto baking sweets.
What are the Carbs in Cream Cheese Frosting?
There’s only 1 net carb per serving of frosting. One of the things that help to keep the carbs super low in this Keto icing, is using part Mascarpone.
Mascarpone cheese is a creamy and is a milder cheese than cream cheese and has much fewer carbs making it a dreamy ingredient for those on Keto of low carb diets.
Can I Make Keto Frosting Ahead?
You sure can. This sugar free frosting is so incredibly easy to make, you can make it several days in advance and store it in an air tight container in the fridge for up to several days.
In order for it to spread easily, it needs to lose a little of the chill so take it out of the fridge for several minutes before you’re ready to add it to your pastry bag.
Can I Freeze Vanilla Keto Frosting?
Absolutely! It freezes beautifully. In fact, many people will make a double batch and keep some on hand for those times when you need a quick and easy dessert.
To make sure your frosting keeps fresh, store it in a air tight container or a zip lock bag for up to a couple of months. Be sure to squeeze all the air out of the bag before placing it in the freezer.
When you’re ready to use it, allow it to thaw in the fridge over night then give it a good whisk to make it light and fluffy again.
Tips for the Best Keto Vanilla Frosting
- If you’re unable to find vanilla bean paste, you can certainly substitute with vanilla extract, but you won’t get the same intense vanilla flavor or the flecks of vanilla beans throughout. It will still be delicious!
- You can also use all cream cheese instead of using part Mascarpone. Be sure you adjust the macros for this substitution because cream cheese has more carbs.
- Remember that dairy, of any kind, needs to be kept in the fridge. When you have a cupcake with low carb cream cheese frosting, it’s best to keep them in a cupcake keeper in the fridge.
Try these Keto Cupcake Recipes
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Chocolate Mocha Mini Cupcakes
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
- Coconut Cupcakes
If you’d like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you’ll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I’m offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Makes 10 Servings
Macros: Fat 11 grams – Protein 1 gram – Carbs 1 gram
Easy Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – Keto and Low Carb
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl, reserving a little heavy cream. Mix using a hand mixer, until well combined.
- Scrape down the sides and add in the remaining heavy cream, if needed. Continue mixing until smooth and creamy. That’s it!
- Transfer to a piping bag and you are ready to frost! Frost your cooled cupcakes and enjoy!