Homemade Keto Taco Seasoning is a quick, easy and healthy way to add tons of flavor to taco meat, soups and casseroles!
When you're on Keto or a low carb diet, or just super health conscious about what ingredients are in the foods you feed your family, finding store-bought seasoning blends that are free of fillers, preservatives, and added sugar can be a challenge
This homemade taco seasoning recipe come to the rescue! It is sugar free and is perfect to keep on hand to use in your Mexican inspired recipes.
With just a few herbs and spices, you more than likely already have on hand, you can have a custom created Keto taco seasoning that taste even BETTER than any store-bought prepackaged seasons.
What's in Keto Taco Seasoning
- Chili powder
- Ground cumin
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- Ground pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning
Add all the spices and herbs to a bowl and mix until well combined. That's it!
Does Taco Seasoning Have Carbs?
All herbs and spices have some carbohydrates. But the key to ensuring your Keto Taco Seasoning is low carb is to make sure all the carbs it contains are natural and not from maltodextrin, added sugars or preservatives.
For one serving of this Keto Taco Seasoning there is only 1 net carb! And since that is spread out throughout a recipe, the carb count is minimal.
What are some Ways to Use Taco Seasoning?
You can use this seasoning to spice up any of your favorite Keto dishes. You can use it in this Easy Taco Meat, Keto Taco Soup or most any of your favorite low carb Mexican entrées. But here are some other good reasons you'll want to keep this tasty and savory blend on hand.
Create a creamy and spicy dip with taco seasoning mix: Just add a little sour cream, mayo or soften cream cheese with taco seasoning blend and you'll have a great dip to serve with fresh veggies.
Add some spice to your salads: I love to create homemade salad dressing and this homemade Keto Ranch Dressing is one of my all time favorites. Add extra special flavor to the dressing by adding just a teaspoon or so of the taco seasoning blend recipe. Then you can use over taco or Southwest salads.
How do I Keep Homemade Seasonings Fresh?
I have several great tips for you to help keep all your seasonings fresh as the day you made them:
- Keep your seasonings in a dark place like a pantry or kitchen cabinet. Just like exposure to air, direct sunlight will also effect the longevity of their flavor.
- Store spices and seasonings in an airtight container like these. Exposure to air can cause spices to lose their flavor quickly.
- Don't store your spices in the freezer. Spices and seasonings don't hold up well when exposed to moisture.
- Heat will also cause seasonings to lose their flavor quickly. It's best to keep them in a cabinet or pantry away from any heat source like your stove or dishwasher.
- Either label with the date you made your seasonings or you can keep a log of when you made them. This ensures you always have fresh and flavorful spices on hand.
- For optimal freshness, homemade seasoning blends should be used within a year.
More Keto Spice Mixes
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- BBQ Spice Dry Rub
- Homemade Apple Pie Spice
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Taco Seasoning
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.