This classic Vegetable Beef Soup loaded with savory, protein-rich beef and tender vegetables in a flavorful tomato-based broth, makes a hearty and comforting meal.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love this Keto Vegetable Soup Recipe
- 🛒 What’s in Keto Vegetable Beef Soup
- 🔪 How to Make Keto Vegetable Beef Soup
- How Long Will Soup Keep in the Fridge?
- Is Vegetable Beef Soup Healthy?
- Can I Make This Soup in a Slow Cooker?
- What’s the Difference Between Vegetable Beef Soup and Vegetable Beef Stew?
- Variations Of Vegetable Soup
- What's the Best Way to Freeze Vegetable Soup?
- More Keto Soup Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Keto Vegetable Soup Recipe
- Loaded with chunks of vegetables and beef
- Hearty and filling
- Super flavorful
- Nutritious and family friendly
Packed with mouthwatering flavors and textures, this easy soup recipe is loaded with vegetables and healthy ingredients! It makes the perfect cool weather food or delicious weeknight dinner any time of year.
This stick-to-your-ribs soup is easy to make and can be ready to serve in under 45 minutes. It's also a super versatile recipe, allowing you to add more or omit any veggies you prefer.
This soup is perfect for meal prep too. Stock your freezer with this hearty, low carb soup and you'll can have a healthy and delicious dinner on the table in minutes, perfect for busy weeknights.
🛒 What’s in Keto Vegetable Beef Soup
- Ground beef
- Beef broth
- Canned diced tomatoes
- Green beans
- Yellow onion
- Tomato paste
- Fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Dried thyme
- Bay leaf
- Ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Keto Vegetable Beef Soup
Add in the olive oil and butter, then once melted, add in the onion, carrots, celery and remaining salt and pepper.
Sauté until slightly softened, then add in the garlic, smoked paprika, dried thyme and sauté for 15 seconds.
Tip: Adding herbs and spices while you sauté the garlic allows them to toast. This wakes up the flavors and gives the soup more flavor.
Pour in the diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaf, zucchini and green beans.
Tip: You can use either fresh or frozen green beans, as long as they're cut to make it easier to eat.
Simmer for 25 minutes with the lid offset or until the veggies are tender. Discard the bay leaf before serving.
Tip: Simmering the soup with the lid offset allows for some of the steam to escape and thickens the soup up slightly, while still cooking all the vegetables perfectly.
How Long Will Soup Keep in the Fridge?
When stored in an airtight container, this soup will stay fresh for 3-4 days. The flavors just get better and better as it sits.
Is Vegetable Beef Soup Healthy?
Low carb vegetable beef soup is very nutritious. It's packed with good-for-you ingredients that contain plenty of vitamins and minerals. It’s got a lot of hearty veggies and high-protein beef, so it is a well-balanced meal.
Can I Make This Soup in a Slow Cooker?
Absolutely. Brown the ground beef and sauté the vegetables in the slow cooker, if your model has a sauté function. If it's doesn't you can use a skillet, then transfer it over to the slow cooker.
Add the remaining ingredients and simmer until the vegetables are tender. The actual cook time will vary based on how large the chunks of veggies are.
What’s the Difference Between Vegetable Beef Soup and Vegetable Beef Stew?
Soups and stews often overlap in term of the ingredients that are used to make them. The primary different between soup and stew is the amount of liquid.
Vegetable beef stew is cooked in just enough liquid to barely cover the ingredients and will sometimes use a thickening agent. Stews are typically cooked, or “stewed” for a longer time.
Soups can be completely liquified or contain a lot of soupy broth and can sometimes be main in just a matter of minutes.
Variations Of Vegetable Soup
- Protein: Instead of ground beef you can use cubed beef chuck roast or shredded chicken.
- Seasoning: The blend dried thyme, bay leaves, garlic, and smoke paprika that gives this soup tons of flavor. But feel free to use other of favorite seasonings. Oregano, basil and a little bit of rosemary are popular choices. You can give the soup a bit of kick with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Tomatoes: You can use regular canned diced tomatoes or make it a little spicy by using canned tomatoes with the green chilies added to them. To give the broth even more tomato flavor you can whisk in a couple tablespoons tomato paste.
What's the Best Way to Freeze Vegetable Soup?
Keeping smaller portions of frozen soup in freezer-safe containers is one way to have this delicious comfort meal on hand anytime you need it.
For best results, cool the soup completely before freezing. Placing hot soup directly in your freezer can thaw out other foods around it. If you’re in a hurry to get it in the freezer, you can sit the container in cool water to help bring it to room temperature quickly.
To thaw, transfer the soup from the freezer to the refrigerator overnight. For a quick thaw, place it in warm water until thawed.
More Keto Soup Recipes
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Slow Cooker Chile Relleno Soup
- Jalapeño Popper Chicken Soup
- Keto Italian Wedding Soup
- Keto Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup
- Easy Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Soup
- Smoked Sausage and Cauliflower Cheddar Soup
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Vegetable Beef Soup
- 1 pound ground beef, I use 85%, grass-fed
- 6 cups beef broth, or chicken broth
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes, lowest carb
- 1 cup green beans, cut, (fresh or frozen)
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 rib celery, chopped
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Add in the olive oil and butter, then once melted, add in the onion, carrots, celery and remaining salt and pepper. Sauté until slightly softened, then add in the garlic, smoked paprika and dried thyme, then sauté for 15 seconds.
- Pour in the diced tomatoes, beef broth, tomato paste, bay leaf, zucchini and green beans.
- Simmer for 25 minutes with the lid offset or until the veggies are tender. Discard the bay leaf before serving.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.