Give your meal a burst of Mexican flavor with this homemade Fajita Seasoning. It’s easy to make using a blend of spices you may already have on hand!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You'll Love This Fajita Seasoning Recipe
- Easy to make, using common spices
- Use it to add great flavor to chicken, beef, pork, fish or shrimp
- Better than store-bought, with no unhealthy preservatives or fillers
- Low carb and gluten-free
If you’ve spent any time on my site then you know I absolutely love cooking with bold flavors. In my opinion, the more satisfied you are with your meals, less likely you are to cheat!
I make Mexican inspired dishes often and love the unique and robust flavors like in this Chile Relleno Soup, Creamy Poblano Chicken, Taco Casserole and Mexican Cauliflower Rice. Homemade fajita seasoning mix is perfect to have on hand to add great flavor to your meals!
What's in Fajita Seasoning
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Ground cumin
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Monk fruit/allulose
- Cayenne pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Your Own Fajita Seasoning
Add all the ingredient into a bowl.
Whisk until well combined and there are no lumps. Store leftovers in an airtight jar.
Use to make chicken, steak or shrimp fajitas.
Ways to Use Fajita Seasoning:
- Use on beef, chicken, pork, shrimp or fish.
- Use it in a marinade, wet or dry rub before grilling, pan frying, baking or air frying.
- Add some to plain cauliflower rice to give it classic Mexican flavor.
- Mix some in with sour cream and a squeeze of lime for a quick and easy Mexican crema.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons to ground beef for a slightly different spin on taco meat.
- Add it in ordinary chicken soup, along with peppers and some shredded cheddar cheese to give it a Mexican flair.
- Sprinkle over a baking sheet of mixed vegetables and a drizzle of olive oil, then roast in the oven.
Typically it will include a mix of smoked paprika, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne pepper. I also like to add a little sweetness with some monk fruit/allulose.
What Can I Use if I Don't Have Fajita Seasoning?
I would recommend using Taco Seasoning, because it has most of the same spices.
What is the Difference Between Taco Seasoning and Fajita Seasoning?
I personally make both and in my Taco Seasoning mix, I add red pepper flakes, dried oregano and more chili powder, verses this Fajita Seasoning mix which has more smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and no dried oregano.
Does Fajita Seasoning Have Carbs?
There's only 1 carb per serving in this low carb fajita seasoning, which makes 12 servings total.
More Keto Seasoning Mixes
- Cajun Seasoning Mix
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- BBQ Spice Dry Rub
- Homemade Apple Pie Spice
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon monk fruit/allulose
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add all the ingredient into a bowl.
- Whisk until well combined and there are no lumps.
- Use to make Chicken Fajitas, or your favorite steak or shrimp fajitas.
- Store leftovers in an airtight jar for several months.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Leave a Comment or Review