This sweet and refreshing Keto Cranberry Smoothie is an easy to make, healthy, winter smoothie that puts your leftover cranberry sauce to great use!
FREE KETO FAT BOMBS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Cranberry Smoothie Recipe
- Great way to use leftover cranberry sauce
- Sweet cranberry and strawberry flavor
- Smooth and creamy texture
- Super tasty and refreshing
This thick and creamy cranberry smoothie combines leftover cranberry sauce with frozen strawberries for a frosty and super satisfying winter pick-me-up beverage. It’s the perfect way to get those busy holiday mornings started or for a super nutritious post-workout or afternoon snack.
Cranberries are such a beautiful fruit that's full of flavor. Even though fresh cranberries are seasonal during the winter months, you can still enjoy this easy cranberry smoothie all year long. Just grab a few extra bags to throw in the freezer, or you can go ahead and make up the Cranberry Sauce and freeze it when you get a smoothie craving.
This sugar-free smoothie recipe comes together with just a few minutes of prep time, which is a good thing, because after the first sip, the whole family will be lining up for one!
🛒 What's in Keto Cranberry Smoothie
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Heavy cream
- Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Frozen strawberries
- Monk fruit/allulose
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Sugar-Free Cranberry Smoothie
Pour the almond milk and heavy cream into a blender.
Add in the sweetener, cranberry sauce, and strawberries.
Tip: Using frozen strawberries helps cut down on the amount of ice you have to use.
Blend until well combined.
Add in as much ice as needed to reach your desired thickness.
Serve with a few fresh cranberries and a mint leaf garnish on top.
Are Cranberries OK on Keto? Are Cranberries Low in Carbs?
Cranberries are often overlooked as a low carb fruit on Keto. They are loaded with many health benefits that you can read about in this article on Healthline.
You may be surprised to know that cranberries even have fewer net carbs than blueberries and are equally delicious. With only 9 net carbs for an entire cup, you can enjoy cranberries on Keto without guilt!
Do You Have to Add Sweetener to Cranberry Smoothies?
It really depends on how sweet you like your smoothie. The cranberry sauce is made with a sugar substitute and with the monkfruit/allulose blend that's added, it makes these smoothies just sweet enough, without being too sweet.
Another great way to add a little sugar free sweetness to these smoothies is with a drizzle of this Keto honey.
Other Low Carb Cranberry Smoothie Add-ins
- Protein powder: If you're drinking this smoothie as a meal replacement, consider adding a scoop of protein powder.
- Orange zest: You can have all the flavors of a cranberry orange smoothie just by adding in some fresh orange zest. You can add a splash of orange juice too, if you prefer.
- Yogurt: To give your smoothies a tangier flavor, you can replace the heavy cream with unsweetened plain Greek yogurt. Cranberry yogurt smoothies will have a thicker, more dessert like texture, almost like ice cream.
- Cream cheese: To make a cranberry cheesecake smoothie, start with softened cream cheese and the cranberries in the blender first, blend until smooth. Then add the remaining ingredients and blend again until smooth and creamy.
What Fruit Mixes Well with Cranberries?
By nature, fresh cranberries are rather tart, which allows them to pair well with sweeter fruits like most types of berries and oranges.
Can You Put Whole Cranberries in a Blender?
If you want to use your blender to chop up fresh whole cranberries, add them to the bottom of the blender and pulse it 4-5 times to get a rough chop on them before adding the other wet ingredients.
Other Ways to Use Leftover Cranberry Sauce
When you make homemade cranberry sauce for your Thanksgiving feast, it's always a great idea to make more than what you plan on serving to use in other delicious ways. Here are some great ideas that put leftover cranberry sauce to good use.
- Perfect topping for this Baked Brie with Cranberry
- It's great as a sauce for Keto pancakes or waffles
- Used as a base for this Cranberry Vinaigrette
- For baking Cranberry Walnut Muffins and Cranberry Walnut Crumble Bars
Does Cranberry Taste Good in Smoothies?
Cranberries, whether you use fresh cranberries or sugar-free cranberry sauce, tastes amazing in smoothies. It's a super healthy fruit that gives these frosty beverages incredible flavor.
More Keto Beverage Recipes
- Keto Hot Chocolate
- Pumpkin Spiced Bullet Proof Coffee
- Berry Avocado Smoothie
- Salted Caramel Dalgona Coffee
- Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Cranberry Smoothie
- Pour the almond milk and heavy cream into a blender.
- Add in the sweetener, cranberry sauce, and strawberries.
- Blend until well combined.
- Add in as much ice as needed to reach your desired thickness.
- Serve with a few fresh cranberries and a mint leaf garnish on top.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.