Homemade cranberry sauce is incredibly easy to make and only takes about 15 minutes! This Keto friendly version of cranberry sauce is every bit as good as the traditional version!
I add just a little orange zest and lemon juice to brighten up the flavors and tame the tartness of the cranberries a bit, but not to drive up the carbs.
When I first transitioned to Keto I was afraid I would have to miss out on one of my favorite holiday side dishes.
But with a few substitutions, this homemade Keto-fied cranberry sauce came to the rescue and you know what? You'll never be able to tell it's sugar free! Trust me, it's that good!
If you have leftovers, don't worry because there are lots of things you can use leftover Keto cranberry sauce for! You can make Cranberry Sauce and Walnut Muffins or my Cranberry Walnut Crumble Bars, which are absolutely delicious!
You can also spread some over pancakes or waffles, use in a protein shake or even make a vinaigrette with it! Ah, go ahead and a double batch! With all the recipe possibilities, you're going to need it.
What's in Homemade Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Lemon juice
- Swerve confectioners
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Add the water, orange zest and Swerve to a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Add in the cranberries and lemon juice, then simmer on low for 12-15 minutes or until the cranberries burst open. Be sure to stir occasionally.
If you want your sauce a little chunky, cook closer to 12 minutes, if you want a smoother sauce, cook closer to 15 minutes.
The longer it cooks, the more the cranberries will break down.
Mine took exactly 14 minutes, which was perfect for me.
Remove from the stovetop, transfer the sauce to a bowl, cover and chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
And it's that easy! With 5 ingredients and a just a few minutes and you can enjoy your favorite companion to turkey and Keto Stuffing without the worry of blowing your macros!
Tips for the Best Homemade Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
If you are worried about using the orange zest, you can always just substitute it with a little orange extract in it's place. But truly, the orange zest does not change the carb count enough to worry about.
Are Cranberries Keto?
In moderation cranberries are perfectly fine and since you're not likely to sit down and eat a whole bowl of cranberry sauce, though it's SO good you may be tempted, a serving along side your turkey will have minimal impact on your carb allowance.
There're are only 4 net carbs per generous serving size in the sugar free cranberry sauce. This recipe makes 6 servings.
Can I Freeze Homemade Keto Cranberry Sauce?
Absolutely. All you have to do is take it from the fridge, place it in an air tight container and place a piece of plastic wrap right on top of the sauce before closing the lid on the container. It will keep for about a month in the freezer.
To thaw it, just place it in the fridge over night then set it out on the counter for about 30 minutes prior to serving it.
More Keto Thanksgiving Side Dishes
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Cheesy Roasted Asparagus with Crispy Prosciutto
- Jalapeño Popper Cauliflower “Mac” and Cheese
- Easy Sautéed Mushrooms
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto
- Loaded Creamy Cauliflower Casserole
- Herb Sausage Stuffing
More Keto and Low Carb Sauces
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Homemade Keto Cranberry Sauce
- 12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- ⅔ cup water
- zest of ½ an orange
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup Swerve confectioners
- Add the water, orange zest and swerve to a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add in the cranberries and lemon juice, then simmer on low for 12-15 minutes or until the cranberries burst open. Be sure to stir occasionally.
- If you want your sauce a little more chunky, cook closer to 12 minutes, if you want a smoother sauce, cook closer to 15 minutes. The longer it cooks, the more the cranberries will break down. Mine took exactly 14 minutes, which was perfect for me.
- Remove from the stovetop, transfer the sauce to a bowl, cover and chill in the fridge until you are ready to serve. Store leftovers in an airtight jar for 5-6 days.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.60% OFF KETO EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.