This buttery herbed Air Fryer Turkey Breast is the juiciest and most flavorful turkey with crispy golden skin that's sure to make you forget all about oven roasting! With minimal preparation, you can have a moist and delicious turkey in about an hour.
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Turkey Breast Recipe
- Crispy skin on the outside, moist and juicy inside
- Quick and easy prep
- Frees up your oven for other dishes
- Easy cleanup
Around the holidays, it’s always great to have recipes handy that will help free up oven space for other dishes. That’s what's so awesome about this air fryer turkey recipe. Just season it with garlic herb butter and the air fryer will do the rest of the work for you.
In just about an hour, you’ll have turkey that's even better than a traditional oven roasted turkey, but in a fraction of the time. Serve it with any of your favorite Keto Side Dishes and you'll have a hearty and healthy meal the whole family will rave about.
If you're making this turkey breast for Thanksgiving, you may want to serve it with some Keto Gravy on the side with this savory Gluten Free Sausage Herb Stuffing, Sugar Free Homemade Cranberry Sauce and one of these amazing Keto Dinner Rolls!
🛒 What You’ll Need for Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Turkey breast
- Chicken broth
- Olive oil
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh sage
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make a Turkey Breast in the Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes while you prepare the turkey.
In a small mixing bowl, add in the butter, garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, pepper and half the salt. Mix well to combine.
Trim any excess bones on the bottom of the turkey breast so that it fits in your air fryer basket.
Pat it dry using paper towels, then run your hands between the turkey and the skin, and spread half the herb butter mixture under the skin of each breast.
Rub the olive oil all over the outside of the turkey and sprinkle the remaining salt over the skin. Air fry for 25 minutes, basting halfway through cooking.
Remove and flip the turkey to skin side up. Continue air frying for 30-35 minutes more or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F when checked with a meat thermometer.
Remove the turkey, loosely tent it with foil and allow it to rest for 10-15 minute before slicing.
Use the drippings to make this Keto Gravy.
How Long Does turkey take in the air fryer?
On average, bone-in turkey breast takes about 12 minutes per pound. Also make sure to use a quick read thermometer to check that the internal temperature has reached 165°F.
Tips for Making the Best Air Fryer Turkey Breasts
- While the air fryer is capable of cooking a frozen turkey breast, I really do not recommend it. Mostly because a thawed breast cooks more evenly. Also, the butter and seasonings stick to thawed poultry better.
- Don’t use low fat butter. If you’re on Keto, you most likely do not even own any low-fat butter. But just in case you do, this is one time you want the extra fat. It creates a ton of flavor plus it helps to give the skin that glorious golden-brown color. Not to mention, the dripping from the butter and turkey make the best gravy ever!
- I know I've mentioned this a couple of times, but I cannot stress enough the importance of a meat thermometer. It’s truly the best way to make sure you don’t end up with under or overcooked turkey.
- As hard as it may be, don’t cut into the turkey right after it has finished cooking. The resting time allows all those tasty juices to redistribute.
Delicious Ways to Use Leftover Turkey
- Sandwiches: Everyone's favorite turkey leftover idea is a turkey sandwich slathered with some Keto Cranberry Sauce, lettuce and tomatoes. Use slices of this Homemade Keto Bread for the ultimate low carb turkey sandwich!
- Salads: Just about any salad, like this Cobb Salad or this Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing is awesome with leftover turkey breast.
- Lettuce wraps: For a super quick lunch idea, turkey lettuce wraps are a healthy and filling idea. Add a little homemade Honey Mustard Dressing and some sliced tomatoes and you'll have the perfect on-the-go meal.
- Tacos: Add turkey and all over your favorite Mexican toppings to a low carb tortilla for a delicious quick fix for those Mexican food cravings,
- Casseroles: Replace shredded chicken in casseroles as a great way to use up leftover cooked turkey breast.
- Homemade stock: Keep the turkey breast carcass and used to it make homemade turkey stock the same way you do chicken stock.
- Soups: Chopped up turkey breast is always a great addition to homemade soup and stews. Use turkey instead of or even in addition to chicken in this Homemade Chicken Soup recipe.
Can I Freeze Leftover Turkey?
You sure can. Just remember that the sooner that you get it the freezer, the better. For best results, just place the leftover turkey breast in a freezer-safe bag and squeeze out any excess air.
As a double measure of safety, wrap the freezer bag in foil to really help prevent any air from getting in. It should stay fresh for a couple of months in the freezer this way.
What is the Best Air Fryer to Use?
For this recipe, I used the Smart K10 Air Fryer by Ultenic:
- Incredibly easy to use, with 11 preset buttons for fish, steak, chicken, shrimp, etc.
- Smartphone app to control the air fryer
- Fully adjustable time and temperature buttons
- Preheat and keep warm function buttons
- Large capacity basket
- Very quiet while running
You can check out the Smart K10 Air Fryer here and use code: KETOAIRFRYER for an extra $20 OFF!
How Much Cooked Turkey Do I Need?
A good rule of thumb is to plan on anywhere from 3 to 4 ounces of cooked turkey breast meat for each person. Of course, this depends a lot on how many and what type of side dishes you plan on serving with it.
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Pork Tenderloin
- Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Wings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- Preheat air fryer at 350°F for 5 minutes while you prepare the turkey.
- In a small mixing bowl, add in the butter, garlic, parsley, sage, thyme, pepper and half the salt. Mix well to combine.
- Trim any excess bones on the bottom of the turkey breast so that it fits in your air fryer basket.
- Pat it dry using paper towels, then run your hands between the turkey and the skin, and spread half the herb butter mixture under the skin of each breast.
- Rub the olive oil all over the outside of the turkey and sprinkle the remaining salt over the skin.
- Air fry for 25 minutes, basting halfway through cooking.
- Remove and flip the turkey to skin side up. Continue air frying for 30-35 minutes more or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F when checked with a meat thermometer. (about 12 minutes per pound)
- Remove the turkey, loosely tent it with foil and allow it to rest for 10-15 minute before slicing.
- Use the drippings to make this Keto Gravy.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.