Tender baby spinach, boiled eggs, bacon and mushrooms with homemade sugar-free hot bacon dressing makes the most incredible low carb salad!
This salad is assembled with the freshest of ingredients then is drizzled with a warm dressing that ever so slightly wilts the spinach.
The flavors all merry into a delicious salad that is so filling it could be served as a entrée.
The star flavor of this Keto salad is the subtle sweetness of the homemade dressing! If you've never had a warm salad dressing before, you really need to give one a try.
Spinach is the perfect green for this salad dressing, because even though it does wilt some, it holds up really well and supports the other ingredients.
Between the mushrooms, bacon, boiled eggs and thinly slices of onion, this Keto salad could be a complete meal or light dinner.
Served in smaller portions, it would be great as a unique low carb side that is sure to impress your friends and family. Salads just can't get any better than this!
What's in Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Baby spinach
- Hard boiled eggs
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Red onion
- Bacon grease
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sugar-free apricot jam
- Brown Swerve
- Dijon mustard
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
To Make the Hot Bacon Dressing
Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp.
Remove and set aside to drain on paper towels.
Add in the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the sugar-free apricot jam, brown Swerve, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and water.
Whisk until combined and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
To Assemble the Salad
Add the spinach to a large bowl. Add the sliced mushrooms and red onion over the top.
Add in the hard boiled eggs and reserve crumbles of bacon.
Pour the hot bacon dressing over the top, toss and serve immediately.
Is Spinach Keto? What are Spinach Health Benefits?
It really should come as no surprise that because most of the carbs in spinach consists of fiber, it is considered a cornerstone vegetable for Keto.
In addition to being low in carbs and high in fiber, spinach is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants. It is attributed to many healthy benefits, such as healthy eye sight, skin, hair and bone health, making it a superfood for any diet.
To learn about all the other healthy benefits of spinach, read this article.
Other Uses for Sugar-Free Apricot Jam
You'll notice that this recipe uses a sugar-free apricot jam from Good Good. If you're on the fence about giving it a try, let me encourage you to do so.
It's by far the best sugar free jam I've tasted. I like to use it as a Keto substitute for honey to thicken and add sweetness to homemade salad dressings.
And if you're wondering what you should do with the remaining jam in the jar, here are some awesome ideas that will put it to delicious use:
- Using apricot jam in a vinaigrette dressing, like in this recipe, is so tasty. If you like the sweet and tangy flavor, you may also enjoy this Sugar Free Apricot Vinaigrette recipe. It is especially good on this Grilled Shrimp Salad.
- The sweetness in the jam is fabulous with bacon. Yep, bacon! Give it a try with these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Asparagus bundles. They have a apricot glaze that sends them right over the top! It's great in these Brussels Sprouts too.
- I absolutely love a summertime berry medley. You can take some of this jam and thin it out with a little water and simple syrup made with Swerve or Allulose and drizzle over a bowl of berries. It makes a super easy dessert everyone will love.
- Last but not least, in its simplest form, Sugar Free Apricot Jam serve with homemade Keto Biscuits is so good, you won't even miss traditional jam.
More Keto Spinach Recipes
Looking for more healthy and delicious ways to incorporate spinach into your diet? Check out some of these spinach recipes that are sure to be a hit:
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Easy Creamed Spinach
- Salmon Piccata with Spinach
- Italian Sausage and Spinach Quiche
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
More Keto Salad Recipes
Keto salads do not have to be boring. Here are some all time favorites that will add so much diversity to your meal planning:
- Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
- Keto " Big Mac" Cheeseburger Salad
- Asian Grilled Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Keto Taco Salad
- Classic Cobb with Ranch Dressing
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Dressing
For the Salad
- 10 ounces raw baby spinach
- 4 hard boiled eggs, quartered
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
To Make the Hot Bacon Dressing
- Heat a large skillet to medium and fry the bacon until crisp. Remove and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Add in the shallots and sauté for about 2 minutes, then add in the sugar-free apricot jam, brown Swerve, apple cider vinegar, dijon mustard and water.
- Whisk until combined and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
To Assemble the Salad
- Add the spinach to a large bowl. Add the sliced mushrooms and red onion over the top.
- Add in the hard boiled eggs and reserve crumbles of bacon.
- Pour the hot bacon dressing over the top, toss and serve immediately.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.