Plump, juicy cranberries made into Keto cranberry sauce take the spotlight in this sweet and tangy, sugar-free vinaigrette salad dressing.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
I don't know about you but I anxiously await fresh cranberry season every year. I start looking for them at my local grocery store right around the time that first cool snap hits the air because I know they are on the way.
Fresh cranberries are so versatile and can be used in sweet and savory dishes alike. One of my favorite recipes to make is this Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce.
Once you've got a big batch of cranberry sauce made up, you can create all sort of tasty recipes like this amazingly simple Cranberry Vinaigrette.
What's in Keto Cranberry Vinaigrette
- Keto Cranberry Sauce
- Avocado oil (or light olive oil)
- Apple cider vinegar
- Swerve confectioners
- Lime juice
- Dijon mustard
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Cranberry Vinaigrette
Mix until everything is well combined and serve over your favorite salad.
Store leftovers in the fridge for 5-6 days in an airtight container.
What are the Carbs in Cranberries? Are Cranberries Keto?
Cranberries are perfectly fine on Keto. And they're so healthy and contain fiber, Vitamin C, E, K1 and Manganese. For more information on the healthy benefits of cranberries, read this article!
There are 7.6 net carbs in one cup of raw unsweetened cranberries! That's not bad considering most recipes use around a cup for an entire recipes.
Can I Freeze Cranberry Vinaigrette?
It is possible to freeze Keto Vinaigrette, but honestly, it's so quick and easy it's just best to serve it freshly made. With a few standard pantry items, you can have it ready to serve in just minutes.
However, if you have leftover Cranberry Keto Vinaigrette and are wanting to freeze it, you certainly can. Just place it in an airtight freezer bag, making sure you get out all the extra air. Store in the freezer for up to a couple of months. Thaw it overnight in the fridge then give the bag a good shake to reincorporate the ingredients.
Other Ways to Enjoy Cranberry Vinaigrette
Sugar free Cranberry Vinaigrette isn't just for your basic green salad. Here are some other ideas for you to consider:
- Drizzle it over mixed berries for a fantastically tasty fruit salad.
- Try serving this Keto Vinaigrette over Grilled Blackened Chicken Tenders or grilled shrimp.
- It creates a great sweet and sour type combo sauce for Keto Fried Shrimp.
- Get creative with your salads. The flavors of this Cranberry Vinaigrette are so tasty, it will be perfect served with a kale and walnut salad, a fresh chef salad, Cobb Salad, Grilled Shrimp Salad or a simple garden salad with cucumbers and tomatoes.
Can I Freeze Fresh Cranberries?
You sure can and the great thing is, with just a few easy steps, you can have fresh cranberries all throughout the year!
- Rinse the cranberries with cold water and allow them to drain.
- Spread them out on parchment paper an allow them to air dry about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer them to a sheet pan in a single layer. You'll want them to be frozen loosely.
- Place them in the freezer on the pan for one hour. Don't forget about them because after about 6 hours uncovered in the freezer could lead them to suffer freezer burn.
- Scoop the cranberries into an air tight container or a large freezer bag for up to a year.
More Low Carb and Keto Salad Dressings
There is nothing like homemade Keto salad dressing to add healthy fat to a meal. By controlling the ingredients that go into your dressing, you avoid all those pesky added sugars or other unwanted additives and preservatives.
Try your hand at a few of these all time favorites:
- Apricot Vinaigrette
- Hot Bacon Salad Dressing
- Creamy Balsamic Dressing
- Thousand Island Salad Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dressing
- Keto Avocado Lime Dressing
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Creamy Garlic Italian Dressing
Keto Cranberry Vinaigrette
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.