Creamy Keto Lemon Ice Cream is so sweet and refreshing. And this no-churn recipe couldn't be easier to make!
Who says ice cream is just for summer? With the abundance of lemons we have year round, no churn lemon ice cream is the perfect Keto dessert when you want something bright and fresh with no hassle to make. Just mix it and forget it! How simple is that?
If you are a big fan of sorbet, then this Lemon Keto Ice Cream will sort of remind you of that but with the addition of cream, there's an added layer of creaminess to the texture that's just perfection!
This tangy lemon ice cream recipe starts with homemade Keto lemon curd. Because it's just as smooth and creamy as the non-keto version, no one will ever know this is a sugar free ice cream!
What's in No-Churn Keto Ice Cream
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Ice Cream
Make a batch of my 5 Minute Keto Lemon Curd, but instead of using Swerve confectioners, use allulose confectioners. The reason you want to do this, is that allulose is a key ingredient in preventing Keto ice cream from freezing rock hard.
Add all the ingredients, except for the xanthan gum to the bowl of a food processor and blend for a few minutes.
Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top and continue blending until everything is well combined and smooth.
Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and store in the freezer for at least a few hours or until it reaches your desired consistency.
Note: If you can't find mascarpone cheese, you can substitute with cream cheese. Just be aware it will change the flavor a bit and will be slightly higher in carbs.
Is Lemon Keto Friendly? What are the Carbs in Lemons?
Lemons are perfect on Keto because of their many health benefits! Plus, there are only .5 grams per lemon wedge! How is that for Keto friendly?!
If you're craving something to drink with a little flavor, lemon makes a great low carb flavor option you can add to your water each day, and its healthy too!
What Can I Serve with Keto Lemon Ice Cream?
Personally, a serving of this ice cream is perfect all by itself. But if you're wanting to serve it for a special occasion, you may want a little something to go with it. Here are some great ideas you can try:
- Fresh fruit: Lemons so so well with blueberries and raspberries. By adding a few to the tops of each serving really makes a beautiful and tasty presentation.
- Cake and ice cream: Truly the perfect marriage! Make a layered dessert with layers of this Keto Pound Cake and lemon ice cream. Or, you can just serve it alongside a cup of ice cream. It's a perfect sugar free dessert for parties!
- Whipped topping: This low carb Lemon Ice Cream has the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. But, if you want to add a little more creaminess, a dollop of sugar free whipped topping adds just a little more yummy decadence!
Tips for Making Lemon Keto No Churn Ice Cream
This No-Churn Ice Cream is super easy to make, but with these few tips, you can ensure it's perfect every single time you make it:
- If you're in a hurry, you can pre-freeze the container before adding the ice cream mixture. You'll want to take it out and scrape the side after the first hour then place it back in the freezer to finish firming up.
- Want even more lemon flavor? Add some of the lemon zest you have from the lemons used to make the lemon curd. Add a couple teaspoons of finely grated lemon zest right into the mixture prior to freezing.
- If you have trouble with the ice cream freezing to hard, experiment with the amount of xanthan gum. It only takes a small amount to make a big difference so start with the recommended amount in the recipe. Allulose is another key to keeping this recipe more long the lines of soft serve. Other sweeteners can cause the mixture to become too firm when frozen.
The allulose is really important in this recipe, it's part of what keeps the ice cream from freezing rock hard. If you absolutely must use another Keto friendly sweetener, try to use monk fruit/allulose blend.
Otherwise you can use Swerve confectioners, but you will need to leave the ice cream out at least 20 minutes before serving.
More Keto Lemon Desserts
- Strawberry Lemonade Cake
- Lemon Curd Layer Cake
- Lemon Cheesecake Mousse
- Mini Lemon Curd Tarts
- Lemon Bars
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Lemon Mascarpone Tart
More Keto Ice Cream Recipes
- Raspberry Ice Cream
- Coffee Chip Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Coconut Ice Cream
- Cookie Dough Ice Cream
- Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
No-Churn Keto Lemon Ice Cream
- Make a batch of my 5 Minute Keto Lemon Curd, but instead of using Swerve confectioners, use allulose confectioners. The reason you want to do this, is that allulose is a key ingredient in preventing Keto ice cream from freezing rock hard.
- Add all the ingredients, except for the xanthan gum to the bowl of a food processor and blend for a few minutes.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum over the top and continue blending until everything is well combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container and store in the freezer for at least a few hours or until it reaches your desired consistency.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.