This easy recipe for Air Fryer Chicken Bites with Veggies combines perfectly seasoned, juicy chicken with a medley of tender, colorful vegetables. It's a healthy and delicious low-carb meal you can prepare in 20 minutes.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love these Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- 🛒 What’s in Air Fryer Chicken and Vegetables
- 🔪 How to Make Chicken in the Air Fryer
- How Long Does It Take to Cook Air Fryer Chicken Bites with Veggies?
- Can I Use Frozen Chicken for this Recipe?
- Recipe Variations and Add-ins
- What Other Vegetables Can I Use in This Recipe?
- Is Air Fryer Chicken Bites with Veggies a Healthy Meal?
- What is the Best Air Fryer to Use?
- More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love these Air Fryer Chicken Bites
- Perfectly seasoned bites of tender juicy chicken
- Colorful mix of flavorful vegetables
- Dinner on the table in just 20 minutes
- Can be prepared ahead of time
Air fryer chicken bites with veggies is the perfect recipe for those of us who want a healthy and delicious meal, but always seem to find ourselves short on time. This recipe involves cooking bite-sized pieces of chicken in an air fryer until they are deliciously tender and juicy.
The addition of colorful bell peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and onions not only adds to the overall nutritional value but also creates a complete, low-carb meal in one. With a few minutes of prep and cooking time, you'll have a delicious, well-balanced meal ready to serve!
If you love the convenience one pan meals, you should also check out this Sheet Pan Sausage and Vegetables and this Sheet Pan Shrimp Fajitas. Both are wonderful Keto-friendly main course meals that are super easy to make and even more satisfying to eat.
🛒 What’s in Air Fryer Chicken and Vegetables
- Chicken breast
- Red bell pepper
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Dried thyme
- Red pepper flakes
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Chicken in the Air Fryer
Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
Chop all your veggies and chicken, preferable around the same size and add them to a large mixing bowl.
Tip: Cutting everything around the same size helps them to cook more evenly.
Pour the olive oil, melted butter, garlic salt, dried thyme, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes over the top.
Tip: I used both butter and olive oil in this recipe, because the butter gives it great flavor and the olive oil will prevent it from burning.
Toss to combine.
Pour the mixture into the basket of your air fryer, making one even layer.
Tip: You might have to do this in 2 batches, depending on the size of your basket.
Air fry for 10 minutes (mixing halfway through) or until the chicken reaches at least 165°F when checked with a meat thermometer.
How Long Does It Take to Cook Air Fryer Chicken Bites with Veggies?
The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the chicken bites and the specific air fryer model. However, on average, it usually takes around 10 minutes to cook the chicken bites until they are cooked through.
Can I Use Frozen Chicken for this Recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken for air fryer chicken bites with veggies. However, it's recommended to thaw the chicken first for more even cooking. If you choose to cook frozen chicken, you’ll need to increase the cooking time slightly to ensure everything is cooked until done.
Recipe Variations and Add-ins
- Seasonings: Feel free to season the chicken and pieces of veggies with any sugar-free seasonings. These recipes for homemade Italian seasoning, Ranch seasoning, Blackened seasoning, or Fajita seasoning are all great choices.
- Sauces: Drizzle the chicken and veggies with this scrumptious homemade Teriyaki Sauce or this sweet and tangy Balsamic Reduction. This homemade Honey Mustard Dressing or this Spicy Buffalo Sauce is great served on the side as a dipping sauce.
- Pesto: Finish the dish by spooning some of this Homemade Pesto Sauce over the top.
- Toppings: Take this dish to the next level with tasty toppings. Pine nuts, feta cheese, crumbled bacon, or citrus zest are all great choices.
What Other Vegetables Can I Use in This Recipe?
The awesome thing about air frying is that it's a super versatile way of cooking a variety of vegetables. Swap out some of these vegetables or consider adding Brussels sprouts, cut green beans, cauliflower and broccoli florets all work great in this recipe.
Is Air Fryer Chicken Bites with Veggies a Healthy Meal?
Absolutely! This recipe is a very healthy meal option. By using an air fryer, you get chicken with a tender and juicy texture without having to use excessive oil as you do in deep frying. Plus, just take a look at these nutrients:
- Chicken is a good source of high-quality protein, vitamins B6, B12, and niacin.
- Bell peppers and onions are an excellent source of vitamin A and more vitamin C than many citrus fruits. They also contain vitamin E, vitamin B6, folate, and potassium.
- Mushrooms a good source of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins. Read more about Mushrooms on Keto in this article.
- Zucchinis are a good source of vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, and manganese. It also contains small amounts of B vitamins like folate, riboflavin, and thiamine.
What is the Best Air Fryer to Use?
For this recipe, I used the Smart K10 Air Fryer by Ultenic:
- Incredibly easy to use, with 11 preset buttons for fish, steak, chicken, shrimp, etc.
- Smartphone app to control the air fryer
- Fully adjustable time and temperature buttons
- Preheat and keep warm function buttons
- Large capacity basket
- Very quiet while running
You can check out the Smart K10 Air Fryer here and use code: KETOAIRFRYER for an extra $20 OFF!
More Keto Air Fryer Recipes
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Pork Tenderloin
- Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Wings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Chicken Bites with Veggies
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half moons
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, halved
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat air fryer to 400°F.
- Chop all your veggies and chicken, preferable around the same size and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the olive oil, melted butter, garlic salt, dried thyme, smoked paprika and red pepper flakes the over the top, then toss to combine.
- Pour the mixture into the basket of your air fryer, making one even layer. You might have to do this in 2 batches, depending on the size of your basket.
- Air fry for 10 minutes (mixing halfway through) or until the chicken reaches at least 165°F when checked with a meat thermometer.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.