This tender and juicy air fryer salmon is seasoned with a sweet and tangy glaze and baked to perfection. With a handful of ingredients, you can have a healthy dinner in less than 30 minutes!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Easy to prepare
- Perfectly crisp on the outside, moist and tender inside
- Bold flavors with a hint of sweetness
- Made in only 20 minutes
This air fryer salmon recipe could not be easier to make, even if you’re cooking salmon in the air fryer for the first time! Just mix up the glaze, brush it on the salmon and bake, that’s it!
The sugar-free maple syrup gives it a wonderful sweetness and allows the outside to caramelize, while remaining juicy on the inside. Once you make this salmon, it will quickly become your favorite Keto air fryer recipe! Also be sure to try this Air Fryer Pesto Salmon recipe, it's delicious!
What’s in this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe
- Sugar-free maple syrup
- Olive oil
- Stone ground dijon mustard
- Dijon mustard
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Ground pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Cook Salmon in the Air Fryer
Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for about 7 minutes, while you prepare the salmon. Dry the salmon on all sides using paper towels and set aside.
Add the dijon mustard, maple syrup, olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic salt and pepper to a small bowl.
Whisk until well combined.
Spoon the mixture over each piece of salmon and spread evenly on the top and sides. I brush only olive oil on the bottom, to help prevent sticking to the rack and keep the salmon moist.
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through or reaches an internal temperature of at least 125°F, when check with an instant read thermometer. Mine took exactly 9 minutes.
FAQ’s and Tips for Cooking Salmon in the Air Fryer
- Use fresh salmon, preferably wild-caught, free of contaminants, pollution and pesticides.
- Cut the salmon in the same size pieces, this helps the salmon to cook evenly.
- Space salmon a few inches apart, so the air can circulate properly on all sides.
- Leaving the skin on helps the salmon retain its juices.
- Use an instant read thermometer, this will prevent overcooking the salmon and drying it out.
How Long Should I Leave My Salmon in the Air Fryer?
Depending on the thickness of your fillets, anywhere from 8-10 minutes should be perfect. Mine took exactly 9 minutes.
Do You Have to Flip Salmon in Air Fryer?
If you have an air fryer that has the racks like I use, you shouldn’t have to flip it. I don’t flip mine and the skin comes out nice and crispy.
What Temp Should Salmon Be Cooked At? Should You Preheat an Air Fryer?
For this recipe, 400°F is ideal. Yes, you definitely want to preheat your air fryer first. Preheating allows you to get that beautifully crisp crust on the outside of the salmon.
Does Salmon Need To Be Thawed Before Air Frying?
In this recipe, yes. This gives you more control over ensuring the salmon cooks evenly.
Can I Use the Glaze as an Air Fryer Salmon Marinade?
Absolutely! Just spread the glaze over the salmon and refrigerate for a few hours, then bake.
Is Salmon Good on Keto?
You bet! Salmon is the ideal protein for a Keto or low carb diet, because it’s loaded with protein, healthy fats and has amazing health benefits.
What to Serve with Salmon:
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Grilled Broccolini
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
What is the Best Air Fryer?
I used my Power Air Fryer Oven (with the racks) to make mine, but you can use any air fryer you have. What I love about the Air Fryer Oven is that you never have to flip anything you bake, because the air circulates around everything perfectly!
It has 3 racks that will fit a good amount of food on them! But it also comes with skewers, fry basket (great for nuts) and a rotisserie rack that rotates!
I also use these silicone mitts for removing the racks while they're hot. They're nice and slim, so you can easily fit your hand in there to retrieve the racks. I absolutely love them!
If you have another type of air fryer, you can certainly use what you have. Just be sure to follow the instructions per the manufacturer and the cooking temp/time should be the same.
What Can You Cook in an Air Fryer on Keto?
- Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders
- Jalapeño Poppers
- Pork Tenderloin
- Zucchini Fries
- Buffalo Wings
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Air Fryer Salmon
- Preheat your air fryer to 400°F for about 7 minutes, while you prepare the salmon.
- Dry the salmon on all sides using paper towels and set aside.
- Spoon the mixture over each piece of salmon and spread evenly on the top and sides. I brush only olive oil on the bottom, to help prevent sticking to the rack and keep the salmon moist.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through or reaches an internal temperature of at least 125°F, when check with an instant read thermometer. Mine took exactly 9 minutes.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.