This Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado recipe combines super flavorful Buffalo seasoned slow cooker chicken and creamy avocados. They're they perfect solution for a quick, low carb lunch or busy weeknight dinner.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado Recipe
- Super easy recipe that anyone can make
- Big bold buffalo wing flavors
- Perfect for a make ahead lunch
- Creative way to get in your healthy fats
The robust flavors of buffalo chicken take front and center in these stuffed avocados. If you've made my Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken before, then you know it makes a good bit, which is great for leftovers. What better way to serve those leftovers, than made into a super simple buffalo cream cheese chicken salad?
With this recipe, you can skip the carby breads and rolls, that are typically served with shredded buffalo chicken, for a healthy alternative. Generously stuffed buffalo chicken avocados are topped with a delicious drizzle of homemade Blue Cheese Dressing and blue cheese crumbles. After that first mouth-watering bite, you'll never want stuffed avocados any other way!
These stuffed avocados are a perfect light meal, but you can also serve them as a heavy hors d'oeuvres or an appetizer at your next dinner party.
What's in Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocados
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- Haas avocado
- Cheddar cheese
- Cream cheese
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Green onion
- Optional: Blue cheese dressing
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocados
Add the buffalo chicken, shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl.
Heat in the microwave, stirring occasionally until the cheese has melted and everything is well combined.
Stir in the celery, green onion and blue cheese crumbles.
Take 3 avocados, slice them in half and remove the pits. Scoop out some of the avocado (save to use in another recipe or snack on it later).
Add ⅙ th of the buffalo chicken mixture into each avocado half.
Drizzle each avocado with a drizzle of blue cheese dressing. Top with blue cheese crumbles and sliced green onion (optional) and serve!
Are Avocados Keto? Do You Count Avocado Carbs on Keto?
Avocados are great for Keto or for most any diet for that matter. Most people on Keto that count net carbs when they are keeping track of their macros. One avocado only has 2 net carbs and is loaded with 15 grams of monounsaturated fats.
Can You Have Buffalo Chicken on Keto?
Chicken is a great source of protein. But some store-bought buffalo sauces use canola oil as a base. For that reason, it's best to use a homemade healthier version of Buffalo Wing Sauce, like in this recipe.
What Can I Add to Half an Avocado?
There are so many wonderful ways to stuff avocado halves. Some of my favorites you should try are these Taco Stuffed Avocados, Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocados and avocados stuffed with this Keto Chicken Salad.
Tips for Buying and Storing Avocados
It has happened to all of us. We buy avocados for a particular recipe, get them home and they are either too ripe or not ripe enough. Here are some top tips that will help you when selecting avocados from the grocery store as well as some tips on storing them for maximum freshness:
- Look for avocados that have uniform texture all over. If there’re soft spots, that means they’re bruised.
- Check the firmness. If an avocado is too firm to the touch, then it hasn’t ripened. If you’re going to need them several days in advance, these may be a good choice as they ripen well sitting on the counter. If they’re super soft, they’re either too ripe or will need to be used immediately. Gently putting pressure on the fruit is all that is needed, don’t squeeze them too hard.
- If you have an avocado that has not ripened, don’t store it in the fridge. Chilling avocados halts the ripening process. Instead put it in a paper bag on the windowsill and it will help it ripen quicker.
- Once the avocado has reached the desired degree of ripeness you prefer, you can store leftovers in the fridge.
- To optimize their freshness in the fridge, sprinkle with fresh lemon juice and place in a food saver storage bag, with all the air vacuumed out. They’re usually best when used within 3 days of slicing.
- I've also stored mine in a glass of cold water in the fridge (you might have heard of this before on social media) and guess what? It really works!
Can I Freeze These Buffalo Chicken Avocados?
It is not recommended that you freeze stuffed avocados because the texture changes a good bit and they become mushy.
The buffalo chicken filling freezes really well though. Just place the leftovers in an airtight container and place in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Are Avocados Good for You?
Avocados are very nutritious! They are an awesome source of vitamins C, E, K and B6. They are also a great source of fiber, riboflavin, niacin, and magnesium. Avocados even have 60% more potassium than bananas? How awesome is that!
And because avocados contain a good bit of healthy fats, they can help you feel full longer between meals.
More Keto Buffalo Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Coleslaw
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce
- Buffalo Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Avocado
- 2 cups Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken, warmed
- 3 Haas avocado
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup celery, chopped
- ¼ cup cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- Optional blue cheese dressing, for garnish
- Add the buffalo chicken, shredded cheddar cheese and cream cheese to a microwave safe bowl. Heat in the microwave, stirring occasionally until the cheese has melted and everything is well combined.
- Stir in the celery, green onion and blue cheese crumbles. Take 3 avocados, slice them in half and remove the pits.
- Scoop out some of the avocado (save to use in another recipe or snack on it later).
- Add ⅙ th of the buffalo chicken mixture into each avocado half.
- Top with an (optional) drizzle of blue cheese dressing and serve.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Leave a Comment or Review