Made with only 4 simple ingredients, this recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken is loaded with the most incredible flavor! If you love buffalo chicken and are looking for an easy dinner to make, you’ve come to the right place!
FREE KETO FAT BOMBS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Recipe
- Made with just 4 simple ingredients
- Perfect for meal prep
- Bold buffalo wing flavors
- Easy to make with a few easy steps
I am all about making easy but healthy meals, especially on busy and hectic weeknights. That's the beautiful thing about this recipe. Not only is this recipe made with simple ingredients, but it also requires very little effort!
You just place everything in the crock pot, set and forget it! In a few hours you’ll have tender, juicy and fall apart chicken bursting with tangy buffalo flavor.
One of the first things you'll probably notice is that I use a homemade buffalo wing sauce and homemade ranch seasoning. While you can certainly use store bought sauce and seasoning, these recipes are much better for you than brands that contain added sugars and preservatives. Plus, when you make a batch, you'll find many different ways to use them.
You can serve this crockpot buffalo chicken in a lettuce wrap, over a salad, topped with a cool and creamy easy coleslaw or with just about any low carb side dish you'd like!
If you love this recipe and are a big fan of shredded chicken recipes, you should also check out this collection of some of the Best Shredded Chicken Recipes. They'll definitely make meal prep a whole lot easier!
What’s in Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken
- Chicken breasts
- Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- Unsalted butter
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
Add the chicken to the bottom of your slow cooker insert.
Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on top of the chicken.
Pour the buffalo wing sauce over the chicken.
Add the pads of butter on top of the chicken. Cook on high heat for 3 hours or 5-6 hours on low heat.
Once the chicken has cooked through, it will fall apart very easily.
Remove the chicken and shred it using 2 forks.
Add the chicken back into the sauce and stir to combine.
One of my favorite ways to serve this chicken is on a low carb, gluten-free bun.
Is Buffalo Chicken Keto?
This is a super Keto-friendly entree with only 3 net carbs per serving. Because you're using homemade sauce and seasoning you are ensuring there are no added sugars.
Plus, chicken is a great source of protein that's associated with many health benefits. If you'd like to read more about the nutrients in chicken, check out this article on Healthline.
You sure can. To make this recipe stove top, just boil your chicken breasts until they are tender and falling apart. Transfer them to a cutting board, shred and add to a large bowl with the other ingredients. Stir until combined.
Is it Better to Cook Chicken on High or Low in Crockpot?
The purpose of the slow cooker is to use low heat over an extended time so the fibers in the chicken have time to release and become tender. It's best to cook raw chicken on low in the crock pot, if you have the time.
If you're short on time, try starting the chicken out on high for the first hour, then reduce the temp to low until the chicken is nice and tender.
How Long Does Raw Chicken Take in the Crockpot?
This depends on how much chicken you're cooking. For 4-5 raw chicken breasts, it typically takes about 5-6 hours on low. Check it by sticking a fork into the thickest part of one of the breasts. It would pull out with very little resistance.
Do You Need to Add Liquid to Chicken in a Slow Cooker?
A slow cooker does not always need liquid. For instance, if you are cooking a pork shoulder, there is a good bit of fat that melts to create enough liquid plus the steam creates condensation as well.
When cooking leaner cuts of mean, like chicken breasts, you will have to add some type of liquid to keep the meat from drying out. For this shredded buffalo chicken recipe, the buffalo sauce and a little butter is all the liquid needed.
Buffalo Chicken Tips and Variations
- Buffalo Chicken Freezer Meal: You can actually do this a couple of ways! Place the recipe, uncooked, in a freezer bag or airtight container, then place in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to cook it, thaw it overnight in the fridge then continue with the instructions. The other way is to just place the cooked leftovers in a freezer bag, squeezing out as much air as you can and then freeze. It will stay fresh for about 3 months as well.
- Creamy Buffalo Chicken: Create a creamy sauce buy dropping in a block of cream cheese. This also will help to tame down some of the buffalo flavor.
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken: If you like it super spicy, add some pickled jalapenos and a couple tablespoons of the jalapeno juice from the jar. You can also make the buffalo sauce spicier by adding extra cayenne pepper.
- Dark Meat Buffalo Chicken: If you prefer chicken thighs, you can substitute the same amount as the breasts.
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip: One of the awesome things about this recipe is, you can easily convert it to a party dip. Add sour cream and cream cheese and mix. Top with cheddar cheese and bake until the cheese is nice and bubbly. Serve with celery sticks, pork rinds or some of these homemade Keto Tortilla Chips.
What Slow Cooker is Best to Use?
I used the Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Slow Cooker and absolutely love it. It's very lightweight and is programmable. But here's my favorite part... you can use the insert on your stovetop to sear before slow cooking.
So if you have a roast that you want to sear to give it more flavor, you don't have to use another pan! You can also deglaze the pan with your liquids and really make the most of all that flavor. Hands down, my favorite slow cooker ever!
More Keto Buffalo Recipes
- Buffalo Chicken Casserole
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Air Fryer Buffalo Wings
- Buffalo Coleslaw
- Buffalo Cheese Sauce
- Buffalo Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Keto Buffalo Chicken Tenders
More Keto Slow Cooker Recipes
- Tuscan Chicken
- Chicken Soup
- Turkey Breast with Gravy
- Southern Green Beans
- Mississippi Pot Roast
- BBQ Meatballs
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 ⅓ cups Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Ranch Seasoning
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- Add the chicken to the bottom of your slow cooker insert.
- Sprinkle the ranch seasoning on top of the chicken. Pour the buffalo wing sauce over the chicken.
- Add the pads of butter on top of the chicken. Cook on high heat for 3 hours or 5-6 hours on low heat.
- Once the chicken has cooked through, it will fall apart very easily.
- Remove the chicken and shred it using 2 forks. Add the chicken back into the sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve over your favorite Keto friendly bun, tortilla wrap or salad.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve/Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.
NOTE: Recipes using Swerve/Erythritol can be substituted 1:1 with a Monk fruit/Allulose blend.
Leave a Comment or Review