These mouthwatering, Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings are packed with amazing tangy and robust flavors, then glazed and baked until the skin is caramelized and perfectly crispy.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
❤️ Why You’ll Love this Baked Chicken Wings Recipe
- Perfectly crispy skin with a tangy and slightly sweet glaze
- Cilantro adds a fresh and robust flavor
- Easy recipe with little prep time required
- Baked in the oven until slightly caramelized
- Perfect game day appetizer for your guests
If you’re a huge fan of crispy chicken wings, you’re going to love these incredibly flavorful cilantro lime baked wings. This quick and easy recipe comes together in just a matter of minutes, for tasty wings that are golden brown and crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside.
Because they are milder than these traditional Buffalo Wings, they make the perfect party and game day appetizer or light dinner that the whole family can enjoy, even the kiddos. They're delicious as is, or you can serve them with this cool, homemade Ranch Dressing or this Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch for dipping!
If you're planning a big Super Bowl bash and are looking for more wing recipes to serve, try these Garlic Parmesan Wings and these tasty Sticky Asian Wings. Both are easy recipes that'll get you out of the kitchen and back to the game in no time.
🛒 What's in Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
- Chicken Wings
- Lime juice
- Lime zest
- Fresh cilantro
- Sugar-free Keto honey
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Low Carb Baked Chicken Wings
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Add the chicken to a food safe storage bag or a large bowl.
Tip: Alternatively, you can add the chicken to a large glass bowl that you mix up the marinade in and allow it to marinate in there instead.
Add the lime juice, cilantro, smoked paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
Tip: For a little added heat, you can also add in ¼-1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
Pour it over the chicken and toss to combine.
Allow the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
Add the chicken wings onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and a baking rack, that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray.
Tip: The aluminum foil makes cleanup so much easier!
Bake for 40 minutes while you mix up the glaze.
Tip: You want them almost cooked through at this point, because next you'll add the glaze and allow it to caramelize in the oven for around 10 minutes.
Add all of the glaze ingredients to a small microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Remove the wings from the oven and increase the temperature to 425°F. Brush the glaze over each chicken wing, then bake for another 10 minutes or until they are starting to caramelize and reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F on a meat thermometer.
Serve immediately with a garnish of chopped cilantro and slices of lime.
Tip: You could also serve with a side of this Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice for a complete meal.
What is the Secret to Crispy Chicken Wings?
- Make sure they are dry- Moisture leads to soggy skin. The drier the wings, the crispier they are.
- Always bake on a wire rack- In order for the skin to crisp up, air has to be able to circulate around the wings. If you place them directly on the sheet pan, the bottom side will not crisp up.
- Cook on high heat- Baking the wings on a higher temperature creates a balance of juicy and tender meat while cooking the skin nice and crisp.
- Serve hot- As the wings cool, the skin will lose some of their crispiness, so they're best when freshly made and still hot.
Low Carb Serving Suggestions
Chicken wings aren't just for a delicious and hearty appetizer; they make a quick and easy meal when you serve them with a tasty and satisfying side dish. Here are some of my favorite Keto side dishes that'll make these wings a complete meal:
- Coconut Cauliflower Rice
- Air Fryer Green Beans
- Grilled Broccolini
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
- Air Fryer Broccoli
Can I Use the Air Fryer to Make these Wings?
Not wanting to heat up the whole oven? You can make these wings in your air fryer. Just air fry them at 400°F for 25-35 minutes or until crispy, flipping halfway way through.
Wait to add the glaze until they've almost finished cooking, then air fry another 3-5 minutes or so.
Can I Eat Chicken Wings on a Keto Diet?
Chicken wings are perfectly fine keto as long as they aren't breaded, or they're breaded with Keto-friendly ingredients. Chicken wings themselves are a great source of protein and have 0 carbs. You also should always make sure you use a sugar-free, low carb dipping sauce.
Tips for the Best Baked Chicken Wings
Season well: Chicken wings are a blank canvas for flavor. You’ll want to use robust and flavorful herbs and seasoning to make sure they have plenty of flavor.
Bake in batches: If you’re feeding a crowd, it’s better to cook in batches and not overcrowd the pan. This ensures heat is evenly distributed around each wing, cooking it evenly.
Check the temp: For health and safety, chicken wings should reach an internal temperature of 165°F. Use an instant read thermometer to get the exact temperature reading.
Can I Have Fried Chicken Wings on Keto?
When it comes to any type of fried foods on Keto there are a few things you need to take into account. First, is the oil you're using Keto-friendly and secondly, what type breading will you be using.
The good news is there are several wonderful low carb recipes that will satisfy those fried chicken cravings. These Keto Fried Chicken Tenders and these Fried Chicken Patties with Garlic Aioli are always a huge hit.
How Can I Make Leftover Chicken Wings Crispy Again
After they have cooled, wings will lose some of their crispiness. The best way to crisp them back up is in the air fryer.
Just, allow your leftover wings to set out for about 10 minutes. Then just pop them in the air fryer for about 6 minutes or until heated through. They should crisp up again nicely.
More Keto Appetizer Recipes
- Dill Pickled Devilled Eggs
- Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Keto Crab Cakes
- Keto Coconut Shrimp
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
For the Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds chicken wings, cut into drumettes and flats
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the Glaze
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free Keto honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Add the lime juice, cilantro, smoked paprika, olive oil, salt and pepper to a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Pour it over the chicken and toss to combine. Allow it the chicken to marinate in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Add the chicken wings onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and a baking rack, that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 40 minutes while you mix up the glaze.
- Add all of the glaze ingredients to a small microwave safe bowl and heat it in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove the wings from the oven and increase the temperature to 425°F. Brush the glaze over each chicken wing, then bake for another 10 minutes or until they are starting to caramelize and reach an internal temperature of at least 165°F on a meat thermometer.
- Serve immediately with a garnish of chopped cilantro and slices of lime.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
Leave a Comment or Review