This homemade, flakey, guilt free almond flour pie crust is super easy to make and is great for all those delicious Keto pie recipes!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
There’re so many wonderful pies and tarts that you get to enjoy on Keto! But, the real key to any delicious pie starts with a good crust. Almond flour pie crusts allow you to enjoy your favorite desserts without all the carbs.
I make Lemon Mascarpone Tart, Strawberry Cream Tart and my favorite Mini Lemon Curd Tarts using this basic Keto pie crust recipe. But, don’t stop there! With this versatile pie crust recipe, use it with any of your favorite pie fillings.
Get creative and fill with anything you like, pumpkin, berries, chocolate, coconut… you name it! You can even add your favorite mousse to it for a great no bake pie!
This Almond Joy Chocolate Mousse used as a filling will really make an impression on your guests at your next get-together! Or if you want something a little lighter, this no bake Strawberry Coconut Cream Mousse filling is an awesome alternative.
What Ingredients are in Keto Almond Flour Pie Crust?
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Pie Crust
Preheat oven to 350F.
Add all the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor and mix until a dough is formed.
Place the dough in a pie dish and press out, going up the sides.
I greased mine with some butter, but this step is optional, depending on your dish. As you work the dough into the dish, make sure it is evenly distributed.
If needed take a little dough from one area and add it to areas that are too shallow. This gluten free pastry is so forgiving it will allow you to manipulate it where needed.
Prick the dough with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
Add your favorite pie filling and continue baking or allow to chill in the fridge if you’re making a no bake pie.
Is Almond Flour Pie Crust Keto?
It’s perfect for Keto baking. Super fine almond flour is basically almonds, without the skin, ground to a really fine texture.
This gluten free pie crust is a good source of protein, fiber and healthy fats, and only 4 net carbs. Almonds host so many health benefits. If you’d like to read more about the nutrients in almonds, check out this article.
Tips for the Best Keto Pie Crust
- If the dough is a little to tacky to work with, add another teaspoon of almond flour until it comes together in the food processor.
- Like wise, if the dough it sticking to your fingers are you’re pressing it into the pie plate, dampen your fingers slightly to help release the dough.
- Be sure and cook low carb pie crusts long enough. This ensures it will stay together once cooked and cooled.
- If the edges of the crust begin to brown before the rest of the crust is done, tent the edges with a little aluminum foil.
- To ensure the dough combines well, but sure to start with room temp eggs.
- If you’re not going to use the dough immediately, wrap it with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge. When you’re ready to use it, allow it to sit out for a few minutes. You can roll it out with a rolling pin between two pieces of parchment paper if you’re having issues getting it spread evenly.
- You can divide this crust up into individual, mini tart sizes and just adjust the cooking accordingly.
- Allow the crust to cool completely before trying to remove it from the dish. Almond flour will be delicate until cooled.
Keto and Low Carb Recipes That Use This Pie/Tart Crust
Can I Use Coconut Flour Instead of Almond Flour?
This is partially a personal preference. You can use a combination of almond flour with coconut flour, but you will have to add additional egg to the dough because coconut flour is much more absorbent. You should let dough that you make with coconut flour rest in the fridge before baking it to allow the moisture to soak up.
More Keto Dessert Recipes
- Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Lemon Poppy Mini Bundt Cakes
- Keto Mock Apple Crumble
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Mini Cheesecakes with Raspberry Sauce
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
If you’d like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you’ll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I’m offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Homemade Pie Crust – Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the almond flour, butter, egg, swerve confectioners and vanilla extract to the bowl of a food processor and mix until a dough is formed.Place the dough in a pie dish and press out, going up the sides.
- I greased mine with some butter, but this step is optional, depending on your dish.
- Prick the dough with a fork and bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden. Add your favorite pie filling and continue baking or allow to chill in the fridge.