If you love Nutella, these brownies are for you! These low carb brownies are loaded with Nutella flavor and plenty of chocolate!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
I've always been a fan of Nutella, but since I changed my diet to Keto, I had to give it up until recently. I came up with a Sugar-Free Nutella recipe that is Keto friendly and low carb! I cannot tell you how good it tastes, really so much like the real deal!
One batch of Nutella will make more than enough for this brownie recipe and give you plenty left over! The nice thing is it lasts at least a few weeks in the fridge.
What's in Nutella Keto Brownies
- Homemade Sugar-Free Nutella
- Almond flour
- Unsalted butter
- Lily's Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Swerve Confectioners
- Vanilla extract
- Baking powder
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Nutella Brownies
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a separate bowl, add in the eggs and Swerve. Beat using a hand mixer for 2 minutes.
Mix in the nutella, butter and vanilla.
Add in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix using a spatula.
Pour into a 9" x 9" baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake for 20-25 minutes. If you prefer them more on the fudgy side, bake them closer to 20 minutes. If you like a more cakey brownie, bake a little longer.
Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting into them.
The Nutella in these sugar gluten free brownies makes them amazingly moist and so rich! They honestly have the best flavor combination of chocolate and hazelnut! Even your non Keto family and friends will love them!
What is Nutella?
Nutella is simply a chocolate hazelnut spread made from roasted hazelnuts and unsweetened cocoa. Low carb Nutella uses Swerve sweetener to substitute the sugar that's found in the traditional kind.
The skins are removed from the hazelnuts, once they have roasted, then blended with the other ingredients until it forms a yummy and decadent spread. If you have any leftover, you can even eat on one this low carb Homemade Waffles.
What are the Carbs in Nutella
The traditional, store bought brand is certainly not recommended for Keto with 21 grams of sugar per serving. That would most certainly kick you out of Ketosis.
But these Keto brownies uses homemade low carb Nutella that's sugar free and fits perfectly within most Keto macros with only 2 net carbs per serving! Now that sounds almost too good to be true, but I assure it's not!
Variations for Gluten Free Nutella Brownies
- These Keto brownies are amazing just as they are, but sometimes you have a special occasion where you want to make them a little fancier. That is a simple fix, by just adding a little dollop of homemade whipping cream with a strawberry you have cut into a fan.
- I like to add a dusting of Swerve confectioners over the top if you like little added sweetness.
- Accidents happen, right?! If you over bake these brownies slightly, no worries, crumble them up and serve them over Homemade Keto Ice Cream.
- Warm Nutella brownies are delicious with this Salted Caramel Sauce.
- If you want a little bit of a zesty topping, this Raspberry Sauce drizzled over the top of them is fantastic!
Can You Freeze Nutella Brownies?
You sure can! They freeze beautifully if frozen correctly. These almond flour brownies will be delicate when they are warm so allow any leftovers to cool completely on the counter before wrapping them in individually in plastic wrap, or store them in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a couple of months.
When you're ready for one, you'll want to unwrap it before thawing because condensation will build up on the plastic wrap.
If you love Nutella, you might also try my Sugar-Free Nutella Chocolate Mousse. It is so rich and creamy and has that signature Nutella flavor. It's sure to be one of your favorites!
More Low Carb and Keto Chocolate Desserts
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Almond Joy Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Avocado Brownies
- Salted Caramelized Brownies
- Silky Chocolate Avocado Mousse
- Almond Joy Fudge
- No-Bake Chocolate Raspberry Tart
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Sugar-Free Nutella Brownies - Keto, Low Carb & Gluten Free
- 1 cup Sugar-Free Nutella , see my recipe
- ⅔ cup almond flour
- 3 eggs
- 8 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup Lily's Chocolate Chips, or other sugar-free chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup Swerve Confectioners, or powdered erythritol
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Mix in the nutella, butter and vanilla. Add in the dry ingredients and chocolate chips and mix using a spatula.
- I like to add a dusting of Swerve confectioners over the top for a little added sweetness, but you can omit if you'd like.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.