Homemade Keto Cinnamon Roll Waffles are light, fluffy and topped with a sweet cream cheese icing.
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You'll Love this Keto Waffles Recipe
- 🛒 What's in Cinnamon Roll Low Carb Waffles
- 🔪 How to Make Almond Flour Waffles
- What are Keto Waffles Made of?
- How Many Carbs Does a Keto Waffle Have?
- What is a Chaffle Made of?
- Variations in Keto Waffles
- How Do I Freeze Leftover Almond Flour Waffles?
- What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
- What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
- More Keto Breakfast Recipes
❤️ Why You'll Love this Keto Waffles Recipe
- Light and fluffy texture
- Sweet cinnamon flavored batter
- Vanilla cream cheese icing drizzled on top
- Gluten-free and kid friendly
If you're in the mood for Belgian waffles but are watching your carbs, you're in for a huge treat! These Keto waffles are really easy to make and are such a nice change from traditional waffles with all the added flavors of the beloved cinnamon buns!
And to add even more cinnamon roll flavors to these gluten free waffles, a tasty cream cheese icing is drizzled over the top.
They also freeze really well, so you can make a batch or two, freeze the leftovers and when you're ready to reheat, just pop 'em in the toaster!
🛒 What's in Cinnamon Roll Low Carb Waffles
- Almond flour
- Oat Fiber
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Pure vanilla extract
- Monk fruit/erythritol
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Cream Cheese
- Monk fruit/allulose
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
🔪 How to Make Almond Flour Waffles
To Make the Waffles
Tip: Whisking helps to combine the ingredients and also break up any lumps in the flour.
In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sweetener, vanilla extract, melted butter and the almond milk. Mix using a hand mixer until well combined.
Add in the dry ingredients.
Continue mixing, just until combined.
Brush your waffle plates with a mild flavored oil.
Tip: I prefer to brush my oil on, rather than use a nonstick aerosol spray, as the waffle maker companies typically don't recommend using them.
Pour the batter in, leaving a little space around the edge to allow for spreading.
Cook according to your waffle maker's directions.
While the waffles are cooking, add all the icing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined.
Remove cooked waffles from the maker and top with a drizzle of the cream cheese icing.
Dust with a little ground cinnamon and serve!
What are Keto Waffles Made of?
Most Keto waffles are made with almond flour. This recipe using a mix of both almond flour and oat fiber. The oat fiber helps to give a more traditional texture to the waffles.
How Many Carbs Does a Keto Waffle Have?
These Keto waffles have only 2 net carbs per serving.
What is a Chaffle Made of?
Unlike regular waffles, chaffles are made from a mixture of cheese and eggs. They're quick and easy to make and you can make them in a variety of different flavor combinations like these Keto Pumpkin Chaffles or Parmesan Garlic Chaffles Made 3 Ways.
Variations in Keto Waffles
Waffles are so versatile. Luckily for those on Keto or low carb diets, almond flour waffles allow you to enjoy the same breakfast as your family without the worry of consuming too may carbs.
To keep things interesting, you can take the base of this Keto waffle recipe, and change it up to have different options.
- Add fresh strawberries or any berry of your choice with a little sweetened whipped cream.
- Instead of the cream cheese icing, you can use any sugar free berry sauce. This Strawberry Sauce and Blueberry Sauce are both equally delicious and are totally Keto friendly sauces.
- Take a totally different route and make these a sweet and savory waffles by adding crumbled bacon pieces in the batter and serve with butter and warm sugar free maple syrup.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts are always a delicious addition.
- What could possibly make this Keto Cinnamon Waffle recipe any better? How about adding a drizzle of Keto Chocolate Sauce?!
How Do I Freeze Leftover Almond Flour Waffles?
One of my favorite things to meal prep are waffles. While I have my waffle iron out, I will make a double or sometimes even a trip batch.
To freeze waffles made with almond flour, allow them to completely cool. Place them in a freezer bag, getting all the air out you can and stick them in the freezer for up to 3 month. It's that easy!
To reheat them you can put them in a 350°F oven until warm. Or you can just pop them in your toaster until warm.
What is Oat Fiber? Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats. How healthy is oat fiber? It's pure insoluble fiber, which doesn't dissolve in water and isn't broken down in the digestive tract, so it has zero net carbs and is perfect for a Keto Diet. It helps give a more traditional texture and that's why I use it so often. Check out all the Keto Oat Fiber Recipes you can make!
What is a Substitute for Oat Fiber?
To get the best results, it's best to use oat fiber if you can. If you're unable to find it, try a combination of psyllium husk powder and coconut flour. Since both are very absorbent, you might have to add more liquid.
More Keto Breakfast Recipes
- Blueberry Muffins
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Ricotta Almond Pancakes
- Italian Sausage and Spinach Quiche
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Keto Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese Icing
For the Waffles
To Make the Waffles
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sweetener, vanilla extract, melted butter and the almond milk. Mix using a hand mixer until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and continue mixing, just until combined.
- Brush your waffle plates with a mild flavored oil and pour the batter in, leaving a little space around the edge to allow for spreading. Cook according to your waffle maker's directions.
To Make the Cream Cheese Icing
- While the waffles are cooking, add all the icing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined. Remove cooked waffles from the maker and top with a drizzle of the cream cheese icing.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Originally published on August 8, 2018, updated on March 20, 2023 with new photos, improvements to the recipe and helpful tips.