Homemade cinnamon roll flavored Belgian waffles topped with a sweet cream cheese icing! A low carb breakfast has never been better!
If you're in the mood for Belgian waffles but are watching your carbs, you're in for a huge treat!
These Keto waffles are really easy to make and are such a nice change from traditional waffles with all the added flavors of the beloved cinnamon buns!
And to add even more cinnamon roll flavors to these gluten free waffles, a tasty cream cheese icing is drizzled over the top. And the best news? They're only 2 net carbs per waffle. You can't beat that!
Whipped eggs whiles along with a little oat fiber mixed in with the almond flour make these waffles light and crispy and 100% Keto friendly!
They also freeze really well, so you can make a batch or two, freeze the leftovers and when you're ready to reheat, just pop 'em in the toaster!
What's in Cinnamon Roll Low Carb Waffles
- Almond flour
- Oat Fiber
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
- Pure vanilla extract
- Swerve confectioners
- Baking powder
- Heavy cream
- Cream Cheese
- Grass-fed butter
- Hot water
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make this Keto Waffle Recipe with Cream Cheese Icing
To Make the Low Carb Waffles
Heat up your waffle maker on the medium/low setting.
In another bowl, add the egg yolks, Swerve, vanilla, melted butter and the heavy cream.
Mix for about 2 minutes.
Add the egg whites in and mix briefly.
In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder and salt.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined.
Batter should be loose, but not too runny. Add a little more heavy cream, if needed.
Mix the cinnamon and nutmeg together, then add it into the batter.
Mix briefly with a fork, swirling through the batter so that you see the color without fully blending.
Cook according to the directions for your maker.
To Make the Keto Cream Cheese Icing
Add a little more or less hot water to reach your desired consistency.
Remove cooked waffles from the maker and top with a pat of butter and a drizzle of the cream cheese icing.
Dust with a little ground cinnamon and serve!
Variations in Keto Waffles
Waffles are so versatile. Luckily for those on Keto or low carb diets, almond flour waffles allow you to enjoy the same breakfast as your family without the worry of consuming too may carbs.
To keep things interesting, you can take the base of this Keto waffle recipe, and change it up to have different options.
- Add fresh strawberries or any berry of your choice with a little Swerve sweetened whipped cream.
- Instead of the cream cheese icing, you can use any sugar free berry sauce. This Strawberry Sauce and Blueberry Sauce are both equally delicious and are totally Keto friendly sauces.
- Take a totally different route and make these a sweet and savory waffles by adding crumbled bacon pieces in the batter and serve with butter and warm sugar free maple syrup.
- Chopped pecans or walnuts are always a delicious addition.
- What could possibly make this Keto Cinnamon Waffle recipe any better? How about adding a drizzle of chocolate syrup?!
How Do I Freeze Leftover Almond Flour Waffles?
One of my favorite things to meal prep are waffles. While I have my waffle iron out, I will make a double or sometimes even a trip batch.
To freeze waffles made with almond flour, allow them to completely cool. Place them in a freezer bag, getting all the air out you can and stick them in the freezer for up to 3 month. It's that easy!
To reheat them you can put them in a 350F oven until warm. Or you can just pop them in your toaster until warm.
Is Oat Fiber Keto?
Oat fiber is perfectly acceptable for Keto and low carb diets.
The Oat Fiber is really important in this recipe! I use it in so many recipes, because of the amazing texture it gives whatever I am baking! It is hands down, the best ingredient I’ve baked with and is really worth buying. I use Lifesource Foods Oat Fiber 500 because they grind it to a very fine powder and has a mild flavor. I buy it in the 16 ounce bag here. The bag lasts a while, because you don’t need to use much in your recipes.
Oat Fiber is not the same as Oat Flour, which is made from grinding oats. Oat Fiber is made from grinding the outer husks of oats and is pure insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber does not dissolve in water and is not broken down in the digestive tract, so it’s Low Carb and Keto friendly.
Keto and Low Carb Recipes Using Oat Fiber
- Lemon Meringue Cupcakes
- Blueberry Lemon Muffins
- Pumpkin Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Gingerbread Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Cheddar Jalapeño "Cornbread"
- Fluffy Pumpkin Pancakes
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Cranberry Sauce and Walnut Muffins
- Tiramisu Pancakes
More Keto and Low Carb Breakfast Recipes
- Blueberry Muffins
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Pumpkin Donuts
- Ricotta Almond Pancakes
- Italian Sausage and Spinach Quiche
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
FOLLOW ME FOR KETO RECIPES POSTED DAILY
Keto Cinnamon Roll Waffles with Cream Cheese Icing
For the Waffles
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup Oat Fiber , see notes
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons swerve confectioners , or powdered Erythritol
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup unsalted grass-fed butter, melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Non-stick spray
To Make the Waffles
- In another bowl, add the egg yolks, swerve, vanilla, melted butter and the heavy cream. Mix using a hand mixer for about 2 minutes. Add the egg whites in and mix briefly.
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, oat fiber, baking powder and salt. Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until combined. Batter should be a little loose, but not too runny. Add a little more heavy cream, if needed.
- Mix the cinnamon and nutmeg together, then add it into the batter. Mix briefly with a fork, swirling through the batter so that you see the color without fully blending.
- Spray your waffle plates with nonstick spray and scoop the batter in, leaving a little space around the edge to allow for spreading.
To Make the Cream Cheese Icing
- Add all the icing ingredients to a bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined. Add a little more or less hot water to reach your desired consistency. Remove cooked waffles from the maker and top with a drizzle of the cream cheese icing.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.60% OFF KETO EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.