These moist and chewy Keto Coconut Macaroons are almost too good to be true! They're perfect little sweet and delicate confections that will melt in your mouth.
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
If you were to take a cookie and cross it with coconut candy, you'd get a coconut macaroon. One bite, and you will be in love! Unless you have tried one, they can be hard to describe.
They're rich and chewy on the inside with a little bit of crispiness on the outside from the coconut toasting in the oven as they bake.
One thing that's not hard to describe is the amazing flavor of these Keto macaroons! They are loaded with buttery coconut flavor, perfectly sweetened with guilt free homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk. I've included the link for the best recipe sugar free sweetened condensed milk in the recipe below.
This Keto Coconut Macaroon recipe only uses ½ cup of the sugar free sweetened condensed milk recipe, but don't worry about what you can do with the leftovers. I use it in so many tasty Keto treats.
It's the star ingredient in this Almond Joy Fudge, this Cranberry Walnut Crumble or this delicious Chocolate Raspberry Tart. You just have to give it a try. It's even delicious served over a serving of this homemade Keto Strawberry Ice Cream!
But back to the coconut macaroons! If you've ever had traditional coconut macaroons, their signature chewy texture is just one of the things that make them so delicious. I love all things coconut so I knew I had to try to recreate the perfect Keto Macaroon and I think I nailed it!
These amazing little Keto morsels are so good the only problem you'll have is stopping with just one! They look really fancy but they're so easy to make and are great anytime of the year as a low carb grab and go snack or bite size Keto dessert.
What's in Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Egg whites
- Sugar-free sweetened condensed milk
- Swerve confectioners
- Vanilla extract
- Optional: melted sugar-free chocolate
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Macaroons
Preheat oven to 350F.
Add in the shredded coconut and mix until the coconut has absorbed all of the liquid.
Bake for 12-13 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
Allow the Keto macaroons to cool completely before (optional) dipping the bottoms into melted sugar-free chocolate.
You can also drizzle some over the tops. Let the chocolate set before serving.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.
Variations for Keto Macaroons:
- I have to say, these sugar free macaroons are as close to traditional sugary macaroons as you can get. But with substituting Swerve for sugar you convert the recipe into guilt free treats. If you prefer Monk Fruit Confections or Powdered Allulose instead, feel free to use it, they will turn out just fine.
- For a little extra added crunch, you can add a few slivered almonds. Lightly toast them before adding them to the coconut mixture.
- You can use any sugar free chocolate you prefer. I used Lily's in this recipe. To change up the flavor a little, you can use melted sugar free white chocolate chips.
- If you want to add additional extract, try a little coconut extract or even some almond extract.
Can I Eat Shredded Coconut on Keto?
Coconut is one fruit that's perfect for those on Keto or low carb diets. A half of a cup of shredded coconut has 2.5 net carbs, but boast a 13 grams of healthy fat! How is that for Keto friendly?
Be careful when selecting the type of shredded coconut you buy. A lot of times shredded coconut will have sugar added to make it more sweet. You'll want to opt for unsweetened shredded coconut or you can even buy fresh coconut and grate it.
More Keto Coconut Desserts
I hope you enjoy these Keto Macaroons. They really have the most fabulous coconut flavor and chewy texture. If you love coconut as much as I do, you may want to give some of these other low carb coconut desserts a try:
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Coconut Lime Fat Bombs
- Coconut Granola
- Strawberry Coconut Fat Bombs
- Coconut Ice Cream
- Coconut Meringue Cookies
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Mousse
- Chocolate Coconut Brownie Bites
If you'd like to know more about baking on Keto, this article, Keto Baking Made Easy, is loaded with tips and info that you'll find helpful. You might also check out my Keto Sweet Treats eBook that has 50 amazing Keto dessert recipes, all with color pics, macros and more! I'm offering it at 50% off when you subscribe to my free weekly emails here.
Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes or until they are lightly golden. Allow them to cool completely before dipping the bottoms into melted sugar free chocolate. Let the chocolate set before serving. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for several days.