An old Southern favorite turned Keto! Light and fluffy biscuits smothered with creamy sausage gravy, you would not believe they are Low Carb!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
I use my same Keto Drop Biscuits recipe and top it with a wonderful sausage gravy. This recipe only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish!
The texture and flavor of these gluten free biscuits along with savory sausage gravy will have everyone guessing if they’re really low carb. They are just that good!
This low carb biscuits and gravy recipe is so easy to make and is really a nice change from the everyday eggs for breakfast!
And the great things about these biscuits is they actually freeze really well so you can double a batch and freeze some for later.
What’s in Keto Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
- Almond Flour
- Uncured breakfast sausage
- Sour cream
- Grass-Fed Butter
- Cheddar Cheese
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Mascarpone cheese
- Heavy cream
- Swerve confectioners
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Salt and pepper
- Xanthan gum
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Biscuits with Keto Sausage Gravy
For the Gluten Free Biscuits
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sour cream and melted butter and mix with hand mixer until combined. Add the cheese into the wet ingredients and continue mixing.
Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
Bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took exactly 10 min).
For the Keto Gravy
Add the sausage to a saucepan and cook over medium heat.
Add in the remaining ingredients, except the mascarpone cheese and xanthan gum.
Cook over medium heat for a few minutes then add in the mascarpone cheese. Cook another 5-7 minutes, then add in the xanthan gum while stirring.
Allow the biscuits to cool slightly before cutting them open. Once slightly cooled, slice the biscuits in half and pour some of the piping hot sausage gravy over the top. Enjoy!
Store leftover biscuits in the fridge or freezer. If you decide to freeze them, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and store for up to a couple of months.
What Thickens Keto Gravy?
This sausage gravy recipe uses two thickening agents. Mascarpone cheese is naturally a thickener because it’s rich and creamy cheese that melts beautifully when melted.
Xanthan gum is the other thickener used. This product is used a lot in low carb sauces and gravy recipes. There’re zero net carbs in xanthan gum making it a great keto-friendly option.
Can I Freeze Keto Sausage Gravy?
This gravy is so quick and easy that it’s best served fresh. You can freeze it, but because it’s mostly dairy, you’ll have to whisk it really well as it reheats.
Because of the moisture content, be sure to freeze in an air tight container to ensure optimal freshness.
Is Almond Flour Keto?
Almond flour is one of if not the best gluten-free, grain-free alternatives to regular flour making it perfect for Keto. For an entire cup of almond flour, there are 8 grams of net carbs.
Almond flour is made by grinding blanched, skinned almonds into a fine powder. If you’d like to know more about gluten free and Keto baking ingredients, “Keto Baking Made Easy” is a great article you may find useful.
More Low Carb Recipes with Almond Flour
- Blueberry Muffins
- Coffee Crumb Cake
- Coconut Lime Cupcakes
- Cheddar Jalapeño “Cornbread”
- Fluffy Pancakes
- Rosemary & Kalamata Olive Focaccia
- Lemon Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
More Keto Breakfast Ideas
There’s no need to have the same thing day after day with these great Keto breakfast options:
- Ricotta Almond Pancakes
- Coffee Crumb Cake
- Mexican Breakfast Casserole
- Sausage & Pepper Egg Casserole
- Pumpkin Muffins with Cream Cheese Filling
- Easy Breakfast Casserole
- Italian Sausage & Spinach Quiche
Sausage Gravy & Biscuits – Keto, Low Carb and Gluten Free
For the Biscuits
For the Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Add the almond flour, baking powder, swerve, baking soda and salt to a bowl and mix using a hand whisk or fork.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, sour cream and melted butter and mix until combined. Add the cheese into the wet ingredients and continue mixing.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and mix.
- Scoop the biscuit mix into silicone muffin pan liners (or spray a non-stick muffin pan with non-stick spray) and bake for 10-12 minutes (mine took exactly 10 min.).
For the Sausage Gravy
- Add the sausage to a saucepan and cook over medium heat. Add in the remaining ingredients, except the mascarpone cheese and Xanthan gum. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes then add in the mascarpone cheese. Cook another 5-7 minutes, then add in the Xanthan gum while stirring.
- Allow the biscuits to cool slightly before cutting them open. Once slightly cooled, slice the biscuits in half and pour some of the sausage gravy over the top. Enjoy!
- Store leftovers in the fridge or freezer.