Strawberry jam thickened with healthy chia seeds, made in 10 minutes with just 4 ingredients!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Fresh and juicy strawberries with wonderful chia seeds make one very tasty jam!
Chia seeds are packed with fiber, calcium, magnesium, potassium, omega 3's and antioxidants! They are literally a power house of nutrients. Read more about all the benefits of chia seeds in this article on Healthline.
There are only 4 ingredients in this Low Carb strawberry jam and takes under 10 minutes to make. The hardest part is waiting for it to set!
What's in Keto Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
Add the strawberries and lemon juice in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for a 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
Then add in the Swerve and cook for another 2 minutes.
Mash up the strawberries as chunky as you like.
Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds until well combined. If your jam isn’t quite thick enough, add in more chia seeds, but keep in mind, it will thicken a bit more in the fridge.
Allow the chia seed jam to cool on the counter for 20 minutes, then refrigerate to thicken for 1-2 hours.
Once it has thickened, if you prefer a smoother, less chunky texture (like I do), you can puree it in a food processor.
Store up to one week in the fridge for a couple of weeks.
Can I Freeze Strawberry Chia Seed Jam?
You sure can. Just place the jam in an air tight container and freeze for up to 3 months.
Other Great Uses for Chia Seeds
So you've bought a bag of chia seeds and need some other ideas of how to use them. Here are some of my favorite ways I hope will give you some ideas:
- Add to your morning smoothie. You could even add some to this Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie instead of the protein powder.
- Chia Seeds are always a great addition to low carb Greek yogurt.
- Add them in with your homemade vinaigrette dressings. They would be really good added to this Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle some over your salad for extra nutrition. I love them added to this Classic Cobb Salad.
- Chia seeds add a lot of nutrients to this homemade Keto Granola. It's the pretty grab-and-go snack!
- Grind them up into a fine powder and add them to your Keto "breading." The coating in these Fried Green Tomatoes would be excellent with ground chia seeds.
More Keto Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Meringue Cookies
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Strawberry Cupcakes
- Cheesecake with Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Coconut Cream Mousse
- Strawberry Cream Tart
- Strawberry Shortcake Mug Cake
More Keto and Low Carb Condiments
- Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- 5 Minute Lemon Curd
- Easy Homemade Mayonnaise
- Raspberry Sauce
- Sugar-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Homemade Coconut Butter
Keto Strawberry Chia Seed Jam
- Add the strawberries and lemon juice in a saucepan and cook over medium heat for a 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add in the monk fruit/allulose and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chia seeds until well combined. If your jam isn’t quite thick enough, add in more chia seeds, but keep in mind, it will thicken a bit more in the fridge.
- Allow the chia seed jam to cool on the counter for 20 minutes to cool. Then mash up the strawberries as chunky as you like, or transfer mixture to a food processor and blend.
- Store up to one week in the fridge in an airtight jar or freeze for up to 3 months.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the buttons above to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.