This chicken is loaded with great flavor! As it roasts, it's slowly basted in the butter and bacon fat, giving it a ton of flavor, and making it so moist and juicy!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
Looking for a way to add lots of flavor to your next roasted chicken? This chicken is loaded with healthy fats with a maple butter herb rub, mascarpone cheese in the sauce and is completely wrapped in bacon!
I have a monstrous rosemary plant in my front flower bed that I've had for years. I chopped some of the leaves and mixed it in the rub and also stuffed a few sprigs inside the cavity for extra flavor!
This super easy Low Carb chicken is also freezes really well!
What's in Keto Bacon Wrapped Chicken
- Uncured bacon
- Chicken stock
- Sugar free maple syrup
- Grass-fed butter
- Mascarpone cheese
- Garlic powder
- Optional-Onion and extra sprigs of rosemary for stuffing
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Low Carb Bacon Wrapped Chicken
Preheat the oven to 375F.
Mix the butter, rosemary, pepper and maple syrup together in a bowl.
Rub the herbed butter under the skin. Stuff the cavity with ½ onion and sprig of rosemary.
Pull the legs together and tie up them using pitch twine.
And look whos right by my side the whole time saying "GIMME SOME"!!!!! Okay, back to the recipe!
Drape the bacon weave over the top and stretch it over to the sides.
Flip the chicken over and secure the edges with toothpicks.
Place in a roasting pan and pour the chicken stock in the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165-170F, on the lower ⅓ rack of your oven.
Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
How to Make the Low Carb Sauce
Pour the pan juices into a small saucepan and drain off some of the fat. Cook over medium heat and add in the mascarpone cheese, salt and pepper.
Simmer for a few minutes, whisking to combine. Drizzle over the chicken and enjoy!
This is not meant to be a thick gravy, just a thin sauce for extra flavor.
How do I Store Keto Roasted Chicken?
Roasted chicken is amazing for meal prep. Cook a whole chicken, like this bacon wrapped Keto roasted chicken, and you'll have plenty of leftovers for the week. Keep the sliced chicken in an air tight container for up to several days.
You can also freeze the leftovers. Pour the sauce over the leftover chicken and submerge the sliced chicken in it. Freeze in a freezer bag or air tight container for up to a couple of months.
To thaw, place the bag or container in the fridge over night. Reheat it stove top in the juice or you can even reheat it in the microwave until warm.
What's a Good Side Dish to Serve with Bacon Wrapped Chicken?
Low carb side dishes range from casseroles to just simple roasted veggies. Here are some that may provide you with a little inspiration:
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts
- Creamed Spinach
- Grilled Broccolini
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cheesy Mashed Cauliflower
Is Bacon Keto?
YES! That is the glorious thing about Keto. While so many traditional diets, that seldom seem to work, discourage bacon, Keto allows you to enjoy it without guilt due it its high heathy fat content. Bacon contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are the same nutrients found in fish!
And talk about flavor! The fat that bacon renders gives this chicken recipe the most amazing flavor or most any other recipe you use it in!
Tips for Buying the Best Bacon on Keto
- Choose bacon that is organic when possible. Organic bacon means no chemical additives or GMO ingredients were used during processing.
- Look for bacon that is labeled center cut. This bacon comes from the leaner and more meaty section of the pork belly.
- Standard bacon slices are usually cut to 1/16 of an inch. Thinner bacon makes weaving it easier.
More Keto Chicken Recipes
- Thai Red Curry Coconut Grilled Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Citrus Glaze
- Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole
- Creamy Chicken Tuscan Skillet
- Bacon Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Chicken Florentine Skillet
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Creamy Chicken Poblano Chicken
If you like the idea of meal prepping, this article gives some really great tips and recipes you'll useful.
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Bacon Wrapped Roasted Chicken
Optional: ½ onion and extra sprigs of rosemary for stuffing
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Mix the butter, rosemary, pepper and maple syrup together. Stuff the cavity with ½ onion and sprig of rosemary Rub under the skin on each breast.
- Then tie up the legs using pitch twine. Pat the chicken dry and make the bacon weave, see instructions (link in recipe).
- Drape the bacon weave over the top and stretch it over to the sides. Flip the chicken over and secure the edges with toothpicks. Place in a roasting pan and pour the chicken stock in the pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165-170F with a meat thermometer. Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it.
To Make the Sauce
- Pour the pan juices into a small saucepan and drain off some of the fat. Cook over medium heat and add in the mascarpone cheese, salt and pepper. Simmer for a few minutes, whisking to combine. Drizzle over the chicken and enjoy!
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.