Rich and savory jalapeno popper fat bombs are so quick and easy to make. They're a perfect party appetizer or a quick Keto snack loaded with healthy fat!
When you hear the words fat bombs, you probably associate them with sweet treats. These Jalapeno Popper Fat Bombs change that up with crispy, savory bacon, spicy jalapenos and pepper jack cheese.
Make up a batch and keep them on hand for when you need a snack or you can serve them at your next get-together as an appetizer. After all, they're like little miniature cheese balls!
It's really hard to beat the flavors of jalapeno poppers so it only makes sense to take all those same delicious flavors and turn them into bite size savory morsels!
What's in Jalapeño Popper Keto Fat Bombs
- Cream cheese
- Pepper jack cheese
- Jalapeño peppers
- Bacon grease
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Jalapeño Popper Keto Fat Bombs
You're going to start by frying some bacon in a large skillet until nice and browned.
Once the bacon is crisp, remove it and set it on paper towels to drain a bit. Next, just chop it into very small pieces and set it aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease.
Save the rest of your bacon grease for other recipes. I use this Bacon Grease Keeper, to store mine and it works great because it has a strainer on top.
In a mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, chopped jalapeño peppers and the bacon grease.
Mix until well combined, then chill it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until it has firmed up.
Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the mixture into balls.
Roll them in the chopped bacon to coat and serve. Place them in the fridge until they firm up a little bit.
They're just that simple to make, and you want to talk about good? Oh MY, the bacon and jalapeno peppers are a marriage made in heaven.
Is Cream Cheese Keto? What are the Carbs in Cream Cheese?
Cream cheese is an excellent source of healthy fat! With only 1 net carb, it packs 7 grams of fat. For a low-carb, high-fat diet like Keto, those are excellent macros.
Other than being a great source of fat for those on Keto, cream cheese is so versatile and can be used in many different ways. I use it in a lot of savory recipes as a thickener for sauces like in this Creamy Poblano Chicken.
Can I Freeze Jalapeno Fat Bombs?
You absolutely can! In fact, make a double batch and freeze them to have on hand. All you have to do is keep them in an air tight container and place them in the freezer for up to a couple of months.
When you're running low on them take a few out and place them in the fridge until thawed.
Why Eat Keto Fat Bombs?
A Ketogenic Diet consists of a high amount of fat, moderate protein and low carbs, so the bulk of our calories come from healthy fats. If we don't consume enough healthy fat, we run the risk of following a high protein diet which is not Keto.
Some people struggle with this concept, since we're been told for many years that fat is bad and we should eat low/no fat. Nothing could be further from the truth!
These fats can include butter, heavy cream, coconut and coconut oil, avocados and avocado oil, mascarpone cheese, olive oil, cream cheese to name a few. For a more comprehensive list of these foods, see my Keto Foods List! For different ideas on how to use them , check out 15 Ways to Add More Fats into Your Keto Diet.
Most fat bombs can double as a sweet treat. Who doesn't love a bite of something sweet, without having to make an entire cake, pie or batch of cupcakes!?
If you'd like to try some of the best sweet fat bombs, check these out:
- White Chocolate Macadamia Fat Bombs
- Coconut Lime Fat Bombs
- Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- Mocha Fat Bombs
- Cookie Dough Fat Bombs
- Blackberry Fat Bombs
Fat bombs made with cream cheese are great for meal planning also. If you're like me, I sometimes get mid-afternoon cravings. By having healthy fat bombs on hand, when these cravings hit, reach for a Jalapeno Cream Cheese Fat Bomb instead of something loaded with carbs.
Speaking of meal plan ideas, if you'd like to read more, check out this article 25 Meal Prepping Ideas for more info!
Variations to Savory Keto Fat Bombs
There are endless possibilities when it comes to flavor combinations for fat bombs. Here are just a few ideas to give you some inspiration:
- You can substitute cheddar cheese for pepper jack for a nice variation.
- Fresh jalapenos are are an substitute for the pickled ones.
- For a little added crunch, chopped pecans mixed in with the cream cheese provides nice flavor and texture.
- Fresh herbs are always a nice addition. Though these Keto Fat Bombs are loaded with flavor, fresh parsley, garlic or finely diced sautéed shallots can be a really nice addition.
More Keto Recipes with Jalapenos
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- Air Fryer Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower "Mac and Cheese"
- Jalapeno Egg Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Soup
- Cheddar Jalapeno "Cornbread"
- Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper Chicken
More Keto and Low Carb Appetizers
- Keto Fried Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
- Keto Fried Green Tomatoes
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Jalapeño Popper Keto Fat Bombs
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño peppers, in the jar, chopped
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease
- Fry the bacon in a large skillet until browned. Drain and chop the bacon into very small pieces and set it aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, chopped jalapeño peppers and the bacon grease.
- Mix until well combined, then chill it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes or until it has firmed up.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the mixture into balls. Roll them in the chopped bacon to coat and serve.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.Save 60% OFF EBOOK BUNDLE
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve, Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.