This incredibly Easy Salmon Salad is loaded with crisp veggies and drizzled with a light and refreshing lemon vinaigrette. With fresh and simple ingredients, this is a very filling and satisfying salad your whole family will love!
FREE EASY KETO DINNERS EBOOK
- ❤️ Why You’ll Love This Salmon Salad Recipe
- 🛒 What’s in Salmon Salad
- 🔪 How to Make Salmon Salad
- How Do You make Salmon Salad with Fresh Salmon?
- Is Salmon Salad Healthy?
- What Can You Put in a Salmon Salad?
- What is a Good Salad Dressing for a Salmon Salad?
- What Flavors Go Best with Salmon?
- More Keto Salmon Recipes
❤️ Why You’ll Love This Salmon Salad Recipe
- Quick and easy to make in just 20 minutes
- Seasoned seared salmon gives the salad amazing flavor
- Refreshing mix of crisp lettuce and vegetables
- Only 3 net carbs per serving
During the warmer months, salads are a standard go-to meal for me. So, I'm always looking for new ways to keep them interesting and delicious. This Greek Salad and this sweet and tangy Strawberry Spinach Salad are a couple of my favorites, but sometimes I need an extra boost of protein. That's where tender and flaky salmon comes in!
Seasoned and pan-seared salmon filets cook so quickly, you can chop up the veggies for this salad while your filets are seared to golden perfection!
Another thing I really love about this salmon salad is you can either serve it as individual salads or on a large platter making a beautiful presentation, which is perfect for serving a crowd.
To save even more time, you can chop all the veggies and place them separately in Ziploc bags in the fridge the night before. You can even make the dressing in advance. Then all you have to do is cook the salmon and in 10 minutes, you'll have dinner on the table. Quick, easy and delicious!
If you're looking for other mouth-watering salad recipes to keep in rotation, check out these 25+ Best Salad Recipes.
🛒 What’s in Salmon Salad
- Fresh salmon
- Green leaf lettuce (or lettuce of your choice)
- Cherry tomatoes
- English cucumber
- Red onion
- Kalamata olives
- Feta cheese
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Olive oil
- Smoked paprika
- Garlic salt
- Dried oregano
- Ground black pepper
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
🥣 Recommended Tools
- Large nonstick skillet
- Immersion blender or mini chopper
- Mixing bowl
- Sharp kitchen knife
- Salad bowls or serving platter
🔪 How to Make Salmon Salad
Prepare the lemon vinaigrette, then set aside ¾ to use as the dressing.
Brush the top of each piece of salmon with ¼ of the lemon vinaigrette, then sprinkle the smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic salt and pepper over the salmon.
Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium and add in the olive oil and butter. Add in the salmon and sear the tops for a few minutes, then flip and finish cooking, while you make the salad.
Tip: Spoon the hot olive oil/butter mixture over the tops of the salmon as it's cooking to give it even more flavor and keep it moist.
In a large mixing bowl, add in the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and Kalamata olives and toss to combine.
Add the warm salmon and avocado over the salad.
Tip: You can either prepare one large serving bowl or platter, or make up servings in individual bowls for each person.
Pour the remaining ¾ of the lemon vinaigrette over the top and serve.
How Do You make Salmon Salad with Fresh Salmon?
One of the things you'll love most about this recipe is how versatile it is. Though this recipe calls for the salmon to be pan-seared, you can certainly grill, oven-bake or even air fry it, take your pick! It will turn out amazing no matter which way you cook it.
Is Salmon Salad Healthy?
This easy Salmon Salad recipe probably is one of the healthiest meals you can eat. Take a look at some of the many vitamins and nutrients you have all in one dish:
Salmon: A great source of protein, healthy fats, and rich in long-chain omega-3 fatty acids. It’s also rich in B vitamins, potassium and selenium
Salad Greens: Depending on the type you use, most lettuce is high in calcium, phosphorous, magnesium, and potassium. It's also a great source for beta carotene, vitamin C, vitamin K, and folate.
Avocados: Rich in many nutrients, including fiber, healthy fats, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin B6, potassium, magnesium, and folate.
Tomatoes: A major dietary source of the antioxidant lycopene are also a great source of vitamin C, potassium, folate, and vitamin K.
Cucumbers: Low in calories but high in water and several important vitamins and minerals. They also are a good source of antioxidants, including flavonoids and tannins.
Kalamata Olives: They are high in healthy fats, low in carbs, very high in vitamin E and contain other important antioxidants.
What Can You Put in a Salmon Salad?
You can add just about anything you want to salmon salad. It's the perfect way to take advantage of fresh vegetables that are in season. Bell peppers, green onions, chopped raw broccoli or cauliflower are all great choices.
Feel free to change up the lettuce for baby spinach, mixed salad greens or any of your favorite lettuces.
What is a Good Salad Dressing for a Salmon Salad?
This salad is drizzled with a zesty homemade lemon vinaigrette that truly highlights the savory flavors in the salmon. But you can use any salad dressing you prefer. If you like a creamy dressing, this Keto Ranch Dressing is cool and creamy and compliments the salmon perfectly.
If you're want to keep the dressing low carb but not skip on flavor, here are some other really popular recipes to keep on hand:
- Avocado Lime Cilantro Ranch
- Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Creamy Balsamic
- Thousand Island
- Creamy Garlic Italian
- Blue Cheese
What Flavors Go Best with Salmon?
More Keto Salmon Recipes
- Bang Bang Salmon Cakes
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Creamy Dill Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Bites
- Asian Glazed Salmon
- Cajun Salmon Alfredo
- Easy Salmon Piccata with Spinach
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Easy Salmon Salad
- 24 ounces fresh salmon, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 cups green leaf lettuce, or lettuce of your choice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- ½ English cucumber, cut into half moons
- 1 Hass avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives, halved
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 batch Lemon Vinaigrette, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Prepare the lemon vinaigrette, then set aside ¾ to use as the dressing.
- Brush the top of each piece of salmon with ¼ of the lemon vinaigrette, then sprinkle the smoked paprika, dried oregano, garlic salt and pepper over the salmon.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet to medium and add in the olive oil and butter. Add in the salmon and sear the tops for a few minutes, then flip and finish cooking, while you make the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion and Kalamata olives.
- Toss to combine. Add the warm salmon and avocado over the salad.
- Pour the remaining ¾ of the lemon vinaigrette over the top and serve.
*Make sure to scroll up and read the post for substitutions, additions and helpful tips for making this recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol: Swerve, Erythritol, Monk Fruit or Allulose.
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.