This refreshing shrimp salad stuffed into an avocado is quick and easy to make! It makes the perfect Keto friendly lunch or dinner when you want something light!
This post may contain Amazon or other affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, through links in this post. See my Disclosure.
Sometimes you're just in the mood for something a little on the light side. And while there are few things that are any better than a salad for those times, you can grow tired of the same ones over and over.
This avocado stuffed shrimp is going to shake things up a bit and deliver one tasty Keto lunch option that is loaded with flavor and wonderful healthy fats!
Not only can you have these shrimp stuffed avocados for a quick lunch, they'll make a wonderful Keto, appetizer, starter salad or even a heavy hors d'oeuvres at your next dinner party!
What's in Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocado
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocado
Take each avocado and cut them in half, remove the pits and scoop out the very center of the flesh, then set aside.
In a mixing bowl, add the shrimp, red peppers, cucumber and red onion.
Toss to combine and set aside.
In the bowl of a mini chopper, add in the avocado that you removed earlier, cilantro, avocado oil, lemon, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
Blend until smooth and creamy.
Pour over the shrimp salad and toss until everything is well coated.
Add ¼th of the mixture in each avocado half, garnish with a dusting of smoked paprika and additional fresh cilantro. There you have it, a beautiful and tasty Keto shrimp salad!
This shrimp salad should be serve chilled. If you're not going to eat it right away, squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over it and wrap it in plastic wrap making sure the plastic comes in contact with the surface of the avocado edges. This will prevent it from turning brown before you eat it.
What are the Carbs in Shrimp?
You've probably seen a good many Keto shrimp recipes. That's because they're a great low carb source of protein. There are only about 1.5 grams of carbs in a 6 ounce serving of shrimp.
Keep in mind that anything you cook with the shrimp to give them flavor may have carbs, like a lot of seasonings, so take that into account when figuring your macros.
Tips for Buying Shrimp
- For salads or small appetizers you're most likely going chop them into little chunks. So look for any size shrimp that's on sale.
- If you can find the kind of shrimp with the shells off, that will save you a lot of time in preparing this salad. If not, look for the "easy peel," kind. They have the skin split down the back that make peeling a breeze.
- Unless you're lucky enough to live in coastal region that have daily shrimp boat arrivals, chances are you're buying shrimp that have been imported, but that's usually just fine. Just make sure they're firm in texture and do not feel slimy or have a strong shrimpy smell. That usually means they are not so fresh.
- If you're buying frozen shrimp, which definitely have a longer shelf life, read the label. Shrimp should be just that, shrimp. There should be no preservatives listed on the label.
- Really good quality shrimp, when cooked, will have a real sweet flavor. So, if you get some that tastes of chlorine or ammonia, which is sometimes used to clean them in some countries, you may want to try another brand.
- Wild caught shrimp are going to be sweeter and are better quality than farm raised, so try to find those when you can. They'll keep for months in the freezer so stock up when you're able. They're great to have on hand, and they thaw in cool water in minutes. You can have a Keto shrimp recipe ready in minutes!
Are Avocados Keto?
Avocados are the quintessential Keto food! They're rich in healthy fat, omega-3 and very low in net carbs. And did you know that avocados have 60% more potassium than bananas? How great is that?!
They're also a great source of B vitamin, vitamin E and vitamin K. And another thing that makes avocados great for Keto is they have the highest fiber content of any fruit!
Avocados are not required on Keto, but they certainly add a lot of great benefits. If you love all things avocado, this Homemade Easy Guacamole and these Avocado Fries would be great to add to your meal plan.
More Keto Shrimp Recipes
- Coconut Shrimp with Dipping Sauce
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp
- Buffalo Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Fried Shrimp with Cocktail Sauce
- Grilled Lime Cilantro Shrimp Skewers
- Creamy Shrimp Alfredo
- Shrimp Scampi with Cauliflower Rice
- Spicy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- Shrimp Alla Vodka
- Bang Bang Shrimp
More Keto and Low Carb Salad Recipes
- Grilled Shrimp Salad with Apricot Vinaigrette
- Keto " Big Mac" Cheeseburger Salad
- Jalapeno Popper Egg Salad
- Zucchini Zoodle "Pasta" Salad
- Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Classic Cobb with Ranch Dressing
Shrimp Salad Stuffed Avocado
- Take each avocado and cut them in half, remove the pits and scoop out the very center of the flesh, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the shrimp, red peppers, cucumber and red onion. Toss to combine and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mini chopper, add in the avocado that you removed earlier, cilantro, avocado oil, lemon, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over the shrimp salad and toss until everything is well coated. Add ¼th of the mixture in each avocado half, garnish with a dusting of smoked paprika and fresh cilantro, then serve.