Mashed cauliflower baked with melted cheddar cheese and a crushed crunchy pork rind topping!
FREE KETO FAT BOMBS EBOOK
Mashed potatoes are a menu staple for many people. Those on Keto or a low carb diet may find themselves feeling a little left out which is completely understandable. After all, there's just something comforting about a serving of warm cheesy mashed potatoes, right?
I have GREAT news for you! This Cheesy Keto Cauliflower Mash recipe is a fun take on twice baked mashed potatoes, but without the guilt or tons of carbs! It's so full of flavor, honestly, you'd never know it's cauliflower!
This Keto side dish is the perfect fix for those mashed potato cravings! And the crunchy crust on top sends this cauliflower recipe over the top!.
What's in Baked Keto Cheesy Cauliflower
- Mascarpone cheese
- Sour cream
- Grass-fed butter
- Heavy cream
- Cheddar cheese
- Garlic salt
- Crushed pork rinds (for the topping)
*Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below.
How to Make Keto Cheesy Cauliflower
Preheat your oven to 375F.
Boil the cauliflower florets in part water/part chicken stock, until tender. Drain it really well getting out as much moisture as you can. Then set it aside.
Grind up the pork rinds in the food processor, remove and set aside. Take the cooked and drained cauliflower and put in in the food processor and pulse it for about 30 seconds.
Add the remaining ingredients (except for the pork rinds) and process until smooth and creamy. Taste test it to see if it needs a little more salt or pepper.
Pour the cauliflower mixture into a butter baking dish and top with the crushed pork rinds. Bake for 15 minutes @ 375F.
Remove the cauliflower from the oven and raise the temperature to 425F. Spray the top with an olive oil spray, and put back in the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes or until the top is nice and brown.
You'll want to allow it to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Can I Freeze Cauliflower Mash?
If you store it properly, will freeze for up to a couple of months. Place leftover cheesy cauliflower mash in an air tight container to ensure it stays fresh.
To reheat, you can place it directly from the freezer in the oven or microwave, or you can let it thaw over night in the fridge before reheating.
What Can I Serve Cheesy Cauliflower With?
This Keto cauliflower recipe is super versatile. You can serve it with anything you'd want mashed potatoes with. It's perfect with grilled steak or chicken, pork chops, shrimp or salmon.
But, if you're looking for a hearty and satisfying entrée to serve your delicious cauliflower side dish with, try this Instant Pot Keto Roast or these Pork Chops with Bacon Mushroom Gravy.
What are the Carbs in Cauliflower?
Cauliflower is considered a non-starchy vegetable and is very low in carbohydrates. For 1 cup of raw cauliflower, there're only 3 net grams of carbs.
Is Cauliflower Keto?
Cauliflower is a great vegetable for Keto It's low carb, high fiber and has a ton of nutrients. In fact, cauliflower is sometimes called a Keto super food.
That's because it's contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need including high amounts of vitamin C, which acts as an antioxidant known to fight inflammation.
If you'd like to learn more about the health benefits of cauliflower, check out this article.
Substitutions for Cauliflower Mash
- Crushed pork rinds are super easy to make in your food processor, but sometimes you may want to keep some on hand. This pork panko has a great shelf life and is already crushed up and ready to use.
- Add in some bacon or chopped up ham for added protein.
- If you don't have or can't find Mascarpone, feel free to use cream cheese in its place.
- Add in or top the cheesy baked cauliflower mash with a few chopped green scallions for a fresh twist.
- Want to add a little heat? Add a few sliced jalapeno peppers right on top before baking.
- Mix up what the cheese to include your favorite. Colby Jack and Pepper Jack are great choices. Any melting cheese will work perfectly.
- Don't like the taste of pork rinds, no worries. You can omit them all together. Just top the Keto cauliflower mash with a little extra cheese instead.
More Low Carb Cauliflower Recipes
- Roasted Red Pepper Cauliflower Hummus
- Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Mashed Cauliflower
- Mexican Cauliflower Rice
- Jalapeno Popper Cauliflower "Mac" and Cheese
- Cauliflower Mushroom "Risotto"
- Cauliflower "Potato" Salad
- Chorizo and Pepper Cauliflower Rice
- Pork Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Lime Cilantro Cauliflower Rice
More Keto Side Dishes
- Greek Salad with Dressing
- Bang Bang Coleslaw
- Fried Cabbage with Bacon
- Brussels Sprouts with Hot Bacon Dressing
- Eggplant Fries
- Cheesy Asparagus with Crispy Prosciutto
- Bacon Wrapped Green Beans
- Buffalo Cole Slaw
- Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Marinated Mushrooms
FREE 20 EASY KETO RECIPES EBOOK
Cheesy Baked Cauliflower Mash
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup crushed pork rinds (for the topping)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Boil the cauliflower florets in part water/part chicken stock, until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Process pork rinds in the food processor, remove and set aside. Add the cauliflower in the food processor and pulse for about 30 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the pork rinds) and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into a butter baking dish and top with the crushed pork rinds. Bake for 15 minutes @ 375F.
- Remove from the oven and raise the temperature to 425F. Spray the top with an olive oil spray, and put back in the oven to bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
© Copyright for Keto Cooking Christian LLC. Please use the share buttons to share on social media, but please do not copy/paste the recipe.
*Nutritional data is provided as a courtesy and is accurate to the best of my knowledge. You can verify it using the nutrition calculator of your choice. All data is based on net carbs, without sugar alcohol- Swerve/Erythritol, Allulose, or Monk Fruit.
NOTE: Recipes using Swerve/Erythritol can be substituted 1:1 with a Monk fruit/Allulose blend.
Leave a Comment or Review